A Picture Changed My Life Forever

Without Them

{{NOTE: Listen, I know that the first concert of My Chem in The Black Parade tour isn't in Detroit, Michigan, but in Manchester instead, but in my story it is. Rawr. Bare with me. And I know it isn't February 28 today, but this story is fiction. x3}}

Countless tears, several cookies, a couple Skittles wrappers and painful goodbyes later, Frank and I were alone in his mommy's house. Mrs. Iero had to go shop for groceries.
It's been two days since My Chemical Romance left for the start of their tour. Their first concert was in Michigan, except it wasn't until today.
It was late in the afternoon, and Frank and I just had a handicap pillow fight. By handicap, I mean that I couldn't hit Frank AT ALL because I might injure him more. So instead, I got hit with soft feathery pillows and he seemed to enjoy that.
Haha.
Frankie and I collapsed on the brown couch and tried to stop laughing.
"Why did you tell Brian the truth?" Frank asked.
"After everything, I wasn't going to let you take the blame," I replied.
I could tell he was speechless.
"What do you think they're doing now?" I asked, reffering to the rest of My Chem and Frankie's replacement for the mean time. You know, just to change the subject.
"I don't know. Gee's probably vocalizing or something, Mikey's messing with his bass, Ray and Bob are probably thinking of new ways to steal my Skittles.... and sound check..... You would know if you were with them." Frank looked at me seriously.
"Nah, it's all crime and punishment. I get you injured, I have to stay. At least, I preffer thinking of it like that. Besides, if I went with them, who would be here with you?" I said, smiling.
He smiled too. He leaned back a bit to relax. He tossed me the remote and said, "February 28, the concert in Detroit, Michigan." He sighed. "Switch to the news please."
I stared at him for a while wondering why the hell he would want to watch the news. I shook my head and switched to the news anyway.
"Concert of popular band My Chemical Romance is being looked forward to by teenagers all over Michigan. Meaning to say, My Chemical Romance will be having a concert in Detroit, Michigan today....." the reporter on TV said.
Frank grinned. "So this is what happens when we have a concert. It's on the news."
"....Sadly, rhythym guitarist Frank Iero injured his left hand's fingers. He will not be able to perform in today's concert. But a subsitute will fill in for him...."
Frank grinned even wider. "I'm on the news!"
I high-5ed him on his uninjured hand and laughed.
Then we both sighed. "Life without the rest is quiet," Frank mumbled.
"Agreed."
For the rest of the time, Frank and I spent the time in silence watching TV. Until Frank asked, "Ack! I just remembered! You can play the guitar! Want to play Guitar Hero II on my XBOX?"
I almost choked on the rootbeer I was drinking. "Against you? The Frank Iero? I don't thi---"
"Oh, come on! It would be fun!" he insisted.
"Are you mocking me?"
"I'm not mocking you! I want to play with you." He pouted in a way I'm sure he thought was cute.
And to tell you the truth, it was cute.
"Fine! But what about your fingers?"
"I'll use just my right hand, besides, my left fingers are feeling a tad bit better now."
I wasn't so sure if he meant that, but alright.
For the rest of the afternoon, we were found watching each other's performance. Frank laid the floor and pressed on the buttons with his right fingers. He got me to move the little white thing that serves as a string, but that's teh only help I did. I ended up winning most of the games since he couldn't play properly, but I'm glad he had fun.
"I demand a rematch when my fingers fully-heal," he said.
That's when I sat on the couch and accidentally sat on the remote. The TV then went to MTV and----surprise, surprise!----it was MCR.
Frank almost immediately shot up on his legs, but then he winced from the bruise on his foot. "It's us! I mean, them.... It's the concert!" He exclaimed with a smile on his face.
I smiled at his sudden outburst. "It is."
We watched the start of the concert when Mrs. Iero came in.
"Mom, it's the concert on TV," he announced.
Mrs. Iero put the groceries in the kitchen and came into the living room with an apron on. "Mm, and so it is. Wait a while, I'll cook dinner."
She turned on her heel and left, leaving Frankie and I watching the concert.