A Picture Changed My Life Forever

Love or Hate?

- - BACK TO SAM'S P.O.V - -

"Stop loving him?" Aunt Linda repeated.
I nodded sadly. "But does that I mean I have to hate him?"
"Why would you want to hate him?" she asked, surprised.
I looked at her. "Because I don't want to love him."
"Honey, just because you don't want to love him, it doesn't mean that you have to hate him."
I looked at her, curious. That's something I never learned.
I had a chart, actually:
Phil = hate
Dad = love
Mom = love
Preps in school = hate
Dana = love
Gerard Way = ..... I don't know....

"Love and hate are opposites. You could love a person; you could hate a person, although that would be very wrong. But there's always something in between. One person doesn't just belong in love or hate. They could be in between. Take Frank, for example. Do you love Frank?" she explained.
"Um, not in that way. I love him like I would love my older brother," I replied. The thought of replacing Phil with Frank was a wonderful thought.
"How about Ray?"
"Like a brother."
"Bob?"
"Brother."
"Mikey?"
"Like a brother."
"Gerard?"
I grinned. I can see where this is going. "Like a brother."
There was a moment of silence. "Now what?" she asked.
"I'm not so confused anymore. Thanks, Aunt Linda."
"Always here, sweetie."
"Good night."
"Oh, by the way, honey. Please go to Frank's room, and tell him that Brian called me. He said the boys are coming here at around.... 5 AM. Then if Frank's fingers are alright, then he's going with them to Chicago at around.... 8AM. It's where their next concert is," she told me.
My grin dropped from my face. "Oh."
"You're going too, Sam," she said.
"I am?" The grin returned, wider this time.
"Mhmm, and I'll definately be sleeping at that time, so just tell Frank to come by my room and say good-bye to the sleeping me."
I walked over to her and hugged her. "Thanks for all your help, Aunt Linda."
She squeezed me back. "Mm, it's fun to have a girl in the house for a change. Other than me, of course. I'm gonna miss you, Sam."
I let go of her. "I'm gonna miss you too, Auntie."
"Just remember, Sam. You could come here anytime at all. If you get bored going on tour with them."
Get bored? With My Chem? I thought. "I will, Auntie." I smiled.
"I'm going to bed." She put our glasses on the sink and washed them quickly.
She went up the stairs and called, "Good night!"
I heard a door gently shut.
I went up the stairs and looked at the wall clock. 1 AM already?
Wow.
I openned Frank's door gently and sat on the corner of his bed.
He sheepishly openned one eye.