A Picture Changed My Life Forever

Dreaming

{{NOTE: Change of layout! -grins- Tell me if it hurts your eyes. I've developed a love for gray. ^-^ And since the font is so tiny, Im actually skipping a gap this time. x3}}

Dad was sitting on his chair in the plane. The flight stewardess kept on looking at him the way the girl in the plane to Jersey looked at Gerard and Frank.

I inched closer and closer to Dad. Then suddenly, the plane shook.

I heard a beeping sound. I turned around to see the Fasten-Your-Seatblet light switched on. I searched violently for an empty chair, but there were none.

"Help anyone!" I screamed. "I can't find a chair!" I ran to Dad who seemed to have problems buckling his seatbelt. "Dad!" I screamed again. "Dad! Dad!"

But he didn't notice. Couldn't he hear me? Or was he just ignoring me and fending for his own life?

The plane was rapidly falling. "Everyone strap your seatblets. We are about to crash," the pilot said on the intercom thing.

Falling? "Dad! Dad!" I screamed. But he didn't bother looking at me. Doesn't he care about me?

The plane started to slant in a way a plane shouldn't be slanting; even I knew that. I looked out the window frantically and saw that the plane was heading for the water. The water wasn't so far away; only a few minutes would be allowed until everyone plunges to their doom.

Then suddenly, I heard a piercing sound. The kind of sound as if the plane was grinding on something. But what could a plane be grinding on? I looked out the window again, clining on nothing, for there was nothing to cling to. One wing had unattatched itself from the plane. The wing made a splashing sound on the water, and it sunk.

"Dad! Dad!" I screamed again. He has to know what's happening. He has to know I love him. He has to know how much he means to me.

He has to know about Phil.

"Grab your life vests everybody!" the pilot shouted on the intercom. Due to the loudness, the intercom made some loud cracking noise.

After the announcement, the lights went out. There were terrified screams, and shouts, and gasps of surprise and cries from children. But the only sound that mattered to me was Dad's voice. "We can't crash!" He shouted. Typical Dad. "My kids! My kids!"

Only using the sunlight from the windows for a guide, the passengers looked under their chairs, desperately looking for their life vests.

"Now everyone. Please look for the exist nearest to you and----"

Boom.

That announcement was never finished.

The plane burst into flames; the glass peircing some people on the skin. Blood, blood, blood. In addition to the blood and glass, some people caught on fire.

The plane then hurriedly dove into the water. The peculiar thing was, I couldn't feel the heat of the fire. I couldn't feel the coldness of the water. I couldn't taste the salt of the sea, no matter how much times the seawater had gone inside my mouth.

I frantically looked around, if there were any boats. Life boats.

All I saw were desperate people crying for help. The plane had crashed too early, and the announcement for teh life vests was too late. No more than 20 people had life vests on.

I looked for Dad again. "Dad! Dad! DAD!!!!" I screamed. I never screamed that loud before; I've never been this deperate.

Then I caught sight of him.

He didn't have a vest on. He was drowning.

I swam to him, but people kept getting in my way.

The last thing I saw was Dad's arm waving frantically, the rest of him underwater already. "Dad! No! Dad!" I shouted.

The tears were spilling down already. Lots and lots of them.

Then Dad's arm stopped waving suddenly. It just bolted straight then limply went underwater just like his body and his head.

He drowned. He died.