A Picture Changed My Life Forever

Hotels, Starbucks and Something In Between

The hotel was even better than I thought. The pillows were all sooo soft that the second you lay your head down on it, you fall asleep. The sheets were so soft and they smelled so good.

I took a quick nap.

"No, Frankie, don't wake her up..." came a concerned voice. A voice I knew only too well.

Gerard.

I openned my eyes a slit and found the whole band in my hotel room looking at me with smiles. Frankie looked at me in the eye. "Good morning," he said, shoving a Skittles packet in my face.

I openned my eyes and quickly grabbed the packet and openned it as quick as I could. I ate everything in less than five minutes (at least it felt like it) but I still felt sleepy. "I need Starbucks," I mumbled.

"Yeah, we're planning to go there after you get dressed for the concert," Gerard said, as he fingered his hair. I smiled at him and looked down at my clothes.

Ew. Ripped jeans and a black and white striped shirt.

"Alright, but you guys have to get out." I said, getting out of the sheets.

"We'll be in Starbucks," Ray said as he stepped our of the door, dragging Mikey away from the coffee maker.

"Oh come on, Ray. There's a coffee maker right here," whined Mikey.

"But there's Starbucks downstairs!" said Ray, shutting the door behind him.

Frank followed them out with a smug grin on his face. "Frank," I muttered under my breath.

Bob looked at me thoughtfully and smiled. I wonder what he knows that I don't. He walked out the door, intentionally slow. "Remember, we'll be in Starbucks," he reminded me.

And then there were two.

"Why aren't you with them?" I asked Gerard, looking into those beautiful pair of eyes he owns.

He looked at me and smiled thoughtfully. "Because, if I did, you'd be alone."

Did he just say that? Was that a flirt or was he just simply looking after me like he would if I was his sister?

I smiled at him, still not knowing which way he meant. "Um, well, I'll be in the bathroom."

He nodded and checked what movie was on TV.

I changed into black skinny jeans. I wore a green and black striped long-sleved shirt under a dark gray hoodie. I tied my hair up, which I don't normally do, but this was an important occasion. I re-did my black eyeliner and slanted my bangs to the side. I put my black converse on. Not the normal black chcuks, the one with 'My Chemical Romance' written all over it with silvery-white.

I stepped out of the bathroom, dumping all of my dirty clothes in my bag. "Wha'cha think?" I asked Gee, pointing down at my shoes.

He craned his neck to see them, and he smiled. "Those are nice."

"Now do I not look like a hobo?"

"Who said you look like a hobo?" Gerard asked, looking as if he'd kill whoever said that.

The preps in school, I thought. "Uh, I said so?"

He got up, turned the TV off and walked over to me. He put his arm around my shoulder and kissed my head. "You don't look like a hobo; you look very nice." He smiled.

We left the room, got in the elevator and had a race to Starbucks but my head was stuck in that one moment.

You don't look like a hobo; you look very nice...