A Picture Changed My Life Forever

Wal-Mart.

Out of boredom, and everyone's hunger, we went to the supermarket. Wal-Mart to be exact. Frank and I decided to try annoy the people around us, since we haven't had fun like this in years.

Let me explain. On the ride home from the interview, Mrs. Iero/Aunt Linda called Frank and told him that she just remembered that I was the little girl that Frank had been playing with in one of our relative's wedding. I accidentally knocked down one of the flower poles and Frankie found that hysterical. That's when we had been messing around, tearing down the flowers from the poles, some accidentally and some intentionally. We actually even accidentally smashed a part of the wedding cake.

I smiled as I remembered that day. I wish I had that picture; the one that Aunt Linda had to cause such a memory return to her. That seemed so long ago now, actually. I guess some things would never change.

I was grateful for the fact that Frankie could just... play with anyone. I was three at that time, which meant he was sixteen. My parents entrusted me to him since Phil was off to some boarding school and they had to run an errand in the middle of the wedding. Ironic, but, yeah, those are my parents.

"Let's play hide-and-seek!" suggested Frank.

"NO WAY!" I shouted.

"Why not?" He whined.

"I got kidnapped that way, remember?"

"Oh yeah. Sorry to bring back memories. I forgot..." he said, as he dug his hands in his pockets.

"It's alright. I wouldn't want to remember it, either." I looked at my black and red stitches. They had to come off soon, actually.

So I followed them aound, constantly putting boxes of tampons in random people's carts. Then Frank and I started running around the place looking for random objects to put in random people's carts. Like Frank put a pregnancy book in an old man's shopping cart.

I started laughing my head off. Bad timing though. That's when a girl with dark brown hair and blood red lips turned around and looked at me. She whispered to the girl beside her, who had jet-black hair. They scoffed and took careful steps towards me. Frank stepped in front of me. If you didn't look at him closely, he wouldn't be noticed as "Frank Iero" but instead "guy with over-sized, white-framed sunglasses with nice hair, wearing black."

"Move it," Blood Red Lips girl said. Frank didn't budge.

Blood Red Lips girl rolled her eyes and pushed Frankie aside. "Frankie," I muttered. I looked at him, trying to talk with my eyes. Are you okay?

He got up from the floor and nodded. He smoothened his clothes, something he learned from me, and positioned himself beside me instead. He didn't want to look too over-protective so he just casually stood there with a fake grin on his face.

"Sammy? Frankie?" Ray called, not-so-far-away.

Frankie gave Ray a death glare and jerked his head towards the girls. I felt Ray's eyes widen behind his dark sunglasses and he quickly ran away, arms over his head in hopes of covering his big, recognizable afro.

I chuckled a bit. Ray and his teenie-maphobia.

"Uh, hi," I said to the two girls. I managed a fake grin.

"Don't 'hi' me. I know who you are," Jet-Black Haired Girl said.

I felt my eyes widen. I looked at Frankie who looked at them, looking as if he'd kick them into a soccer goal (which was actually just across the aisle) if they harmed me in any way.

"Uh, who am I then?" I asked, lamely. Good one, Sam, I sarcastically said to myself in my head. Yeah, I'm sure you'd scare them off pretending to be stupid.

"You're Sam. The girl touring with My Chemical Romance," answered Blood Red Lips Girl.

"Uh, yes, I am. Could you give me a name I could call you by?" I said. Bitch, I said in my head.

"I'm Alex, and she's Jackie. We're both sixteen; both older than you," Alex---Jet-Black Haired Girl---said.

"Could you give me a reason why you hate me already?" I asked. And I'll give you two good reasons why I hate you both entirely.

Frank stood there, with clenched fists. Ah, I love Frankie. Thank God he's my cousin. Third-cousin. Whatever.

"One, Gerard's mine..." Jackie said.

" ...and two, Frankie's mine," Alex said.

I heard Frankie stiffle a giggle. I have to admit, I sniffled a giggle, too. "Okay then," I said, my voice shaking with botteled-up laughter.

Frankie and I started to walk away, but Alex grabbed my arm. "Don't get too close to him," she said.

"To who?" I asked, just trying to annoy them.

"To our boys," she answered, glaring at me.

Frankie then took his shades off and smiled curtly at the girls. He took me by the hand and pulled me away gently. "Ah, nice to meet you, girls." He smirked a bit and walked away, me trailing behind him.

I basically felt the girls blushing of embarrasment and whatnot.

The minute we got out of Wal-Mart, we burst out laughing. Frankie and I told the whole band about what just happened and I offered to help them carry the groceries. They gave me the lightest one (as usual) but little did we know that the girls were fifteen paces behind us, carefulyl following our every move....