A Picture Changed My Life Forever

And I looked into his eyes...

- - - SAM’S P.O.V - - -

I watched the reaction on Gerard’s face. His mouth hung open and his finger traced the face of the girl, almost like he was caressing it. Is my drawing that bad?

“Um… is it that bad?” I groaned. “I know it was bad but not that bad.”

“It’s not bad at all,” he mumbled, still tracing the face.

“Could you at least tell me what you think of it?” I enjoy constructive criticism.

He looked at me, his eyes soft. “Do you mean this for the Californian boy you and Dana fought over?”

I couldn’t honestly tell him that I meant him. It was Gee that I loved, not some Californian boy! And no other person is worth losing my own best friend than Gerard… but he can’t know that. Not yet. I’ll scream it at the top of my lungs when the time comes. He will find out one day. Maybe even my own ghost will tell him. He will find out. One day. “Um… yeah… the Californian boy…”

Coward, Sam. COWARD!

- - - GEE’S P.O.V - - -

I swear I felt my heart sink. If I could just find that Californian boy… and ask him what made Sam like him so much…

What am I talking about? Sam probably doesn’t think of me that way. She’s sixteen years younger than I am.

I felt my mouth mumble something incoherently… I don’t even know what I said; it just came out I guess.

“Sure, I’d like to look at your drawing,” Sam said sweetly, as if she didn’t know she took my heart out and ripped it into a million pieces.

Oh, wait, she doesn’t know.

I handed her my drawing with a forced smile on my face.

She doesn’t know how much that ripped my heart apart, though. Her drawing…

She doesn’t know.

- - - SAM’S P.O.V - - -

I looked at his drawing. I felt my mouth hang open. It was The Visiting Room. The stones… the pond… the grass… Oh my goodness, it even had the wooden words on the bottom of the pond! Even the water looked as calm as ever, but there was a tiny ripple in the corner. It looked so…

Real.

“Gerard… this is so… great! You got the texture and everything! I feel as if I’m there myself experiencing it all over again. How did you know it looked exactly like that? Every curve in the letters are correct… Even where the stones were placed…” I knew I started rambling after that, although I saw a smile on his face.

He looked at his drawing. “You’re not the only one in the MCR family who’s been there.” He grinned mischievously.

“Aye? Am I not?” I mumbled, drowning in the shaded beauty known as Gee’s drawing.

“No. Although we wouldn’t want you to go there again.”

“I didn’t even go there again when I blacked out this time.”

“Perhaps you went somewhere else?”

My mind lingered on that thought in that moment. I wasn’t there; I was somewhere else. I was… somewhere else…

“SAMMY, YOU’RE AWAKE!” Frankie exclaimed happily.

I smiled at him. “Yes, I am.”

“How long has she been awake?” Frank frantically asked. He tugged at a lock of Ray’s hair. “Ray, she’s awake!”

Ray mumbled something and reluctantly woke up. He smiled at me and stood up. “No, it’s okay. Go back to sleep,” I said. Poor guy works too hard rocking the stage that he hardly gets any sleep.

He blinked at me, unsure, but smiled gratefully and went black to sleep. I guess it felt weird having a thirteen-year-old to tell you to go back to bed.

Mikey woke up too. So did Bob. And then they all started telling me all these things… Mikey started rambling on and on about something… Alicia, I think and Bob was going on detail about how many times he’d smash doldrums on Alex and Jackie’s heads if I died.

Gerard looked at me both sadly and thankfully.

And I looked into his eyes…

Author's Note: Sorry to keep you all waiting. I was stuck with schoolwork and whatnot. x.x