A Picture Changed My Life Forever

Just Because.

We went back on touring and every concert had been spectacular. I'd sit in my hotelroom and watch from the TV at occasions when my head hurt. One of the members (usually Ray) of My Chemical Romance would volunteer to miss the interview or press conference scheduled after their concert to "babysit" me.

They're very protective, they are. But nice. Very, very nice.

I shared a hotelroom with Mikey and Bob and the rest were in the other hotelroom. The hotel was quite pricey, really, and we wanted to save money. So, two rooms, share, done.

Bob and I were wide awake. Mikey had been snoring so loudly I couldn't even shut my eyes. "Bob. I can't sleep," I said hardly.

"You're not the only one," he said sounding sleepy. The thing about Bob is... he sounds like his feelings. He doesn't look sleepy. He sounds sleepy.

"Does Mikey really snore this loud?" I asked.

Bob nodded frantically. I rolled on my other side so I was facing Mikey who was a good two meters away. He was sprawled on his bed like it was saving his life from falling into a massive volcano. He was wearing plaid pajamas and a black t-shirt.

I threw a pillow at him. "Darn it, Mikey, stop snoring!" I shouted.

"He can't hear you..." Bob mumbled. He silently got into a deep sleep. I was the only one awake now.

I groaned. Mikey---or rather, his snoring---was getting to me and was pissing me off. I threw another pillow at him.

He grunted louder. He rolled and rolled and rolled out of bed. He landed with a thump. He mumbled something incoherently, it sounded like he was scolding his older brother for throwing a pillow at him except it kinda just slurred its way out of his mouth. But I threw a pillow at him. I made it a mental note not to tell him that in the morning.

He felt the hard floor and continued his snoring. He grabbed his blanket and dragged it down. He wrapped it around his cold body and fell asleep on his arm.

I groaned and laid back on the bed, pillowless. I stared at the ceiling. Try to fall asleep, I thought to myself. Try to.

I closed my eyes and the picture of Gerard immediately made its way to my mind.

I slept at that peaceful thought.

Just because.

It's Gerard.