A Picture Changed My Life Forever

Getting Drugged At The Right Time

When I ran out the door, I almost knocked Gerard over. I contiued running anyway after calling, "I'm sorry," to Gee. My face was soaked with tears that everything was blurry. I almost tripped down the stairs, but luckily enough, Ray was there to catch me before I started to tumble.
He held me in his arms and sat down on the stair step. He sat me down on his lap and rocked me back and forth as I cried on his water-absorbent shoulder. "She's dead," I mumbled.
The rest of My Chemical Romance joined in trying to comfort me but, really. No one could take the place of my mom. I haven't even learned how to use a tampon, nor do I need to use it yet, and I'm definatley not asking Frank or any of the band members about it. Nor am I asking Dad. And I don't want to talk to Phil's girlfriend about those kinds of things. Otherwise, my Mom and I weren't really close, but what's a girl without her mother?
Confused, that's what.
Confused.
I stood up and looked at the ground. It's kidna embarassing to cry in front of them, especially after wetting the whole of Ray's shirt. On tears alone.
Yeah, the side of me no one ever saw. That's the most embarassing thing.
"I'm sorry for crying," I apologized, barely more than a whisper.
"It's alright. We understand," Gerard said.
"And I'm sorry for banging the door open on your face, Gee."
He grinned and rubbed his forehead. "It's okay. I usually do that to Mikey by accident when I'm stressed, too."
I looked at Mikey who flinched. "It hurt really bad the last time, Gee."
I laughed. The band and I had a group hug.
Yeah, I was thankful for them. So much.

I went back to Mom's hospital room with bloodshot eyes. Dad nodded at me sympathetically. He found out yesterday. Phil found out before Dad, since he was in the car with Mom.
I looked at Mom again and said good-bye. Dad and Phil were planning the funeral. I didn't want to know about it. I stepped out of the room again, off to look for Frank to cheer me up.
I closed to the door behind me when someone grabbed me and cupped his hand over my mouth. The Grabber dragged me to an empty place and released me. I was about to kick him where it hurts (if you catch my drift), when he said, "Don't tell the rest I gave you this."
Ah. It was Frank.
He handed me four Skittles bags. I looked at him and smiled. "Thanks."
"Skittles, besides Jamia and My Chem, keep me happy when I'm depressed. Just don't tell them I drugged you with it," Frank said in a hushed voice.
We sat on the stairs and talked about losing family members. I mean, he lost his Dad, I lost my Mom. Then we switched to a happier topic.
The Carebears.
"That's so lame, Sam," he scoffed. "How about Cinderella? Let's talk about Cinderella."
"She's lamer," I said while chewing at five Skittles.
"No, she ain't! She has talking pet mouses!" He insisted.
"Mouses!?" I screamed then laughed. The effect of Skittles.
We were both laughing hard. Only at different things. I laughed at Frank's not-that-accurate grammar, and he laughed at the effect of Skittles on me.

Frank lead me to the rest of the band, who were---is this that surprising?---in Starbucks. Would you believe it? They have Starbucks in a hospital. Mikey stood up and walked to me and stretched his arms for a hug. I tackled him and laughed until I could laugh no more. Mikey found himself laughing, too. I got up and helped him get up and have him a proper a hug.
He sniffed me.
Then his eyes grew big. "Gee, come here. Smell your sweetie," he said.
Mr. G. Way walked to me and hugged me.
Then he immediately caught scent. He glared at Frank who was ordering his coffee.
"What's you name?" I heard Miss Order Taker said.
"Willy Wonka," he replied gleefully.
Gee looked back at me and took my hand. He looked at my rainbow-colored fingers.
Oh no, I thought. They'll find out that Frank drugged me with Skittles.
Mikey looked at Ray, who finally got the message and nudged Bob awake. The two walked to my direction and hugged me. Like Gee, the smelled out the Skittles.
Actually, I could've laughed at the scene. They were smelling me as if I had some Skittles disease.
Alright, I laughed. Hard.
"Did Frank drug you with Skittles?" Bob asked.
Frank walked in at the conversation holding his coffee and sipping. "Did I hear my oh-so sexy name?"
I bit back another peal of laughter.
"N-n-no. He didn't drug me with Ski-Ski-T-t-t... Skittle-ttles." I giggled. Then I collapsed on the floor in hysterical laughter.
The band started laughing. At least they knew I was happy again, but it's not easy to recover when you lose your Mom.
"Yeah, I did give her Skittles. But I swear, I gave her only four packets," Frank admitted, taking another sip of his coffee.
Gee looked at me trying to ease down on laughing. He patted Frankie on the shoulder and said, "At least you're in good timing," with a smile.
Heck, did that put a huge smile on Frank's face.