Everyone Has A Purpose, What's Yours?

Reasoning

We're all put on this planet for a reason. Each and every one of us has a purpose in their life, we're not meant for nothing. We're not meant to wander through life with nowhere to go, nothing to do. It's just a question of finding what we're put here for, why we were created…

The incessant ticking of the clock struck in her mind. Each tick getting louder and louder in her head as every second passed, every count a reminder of the fact she had no idea what this exam was about. The furious scribbling of those around her just wound the cogs tighter. She stared at the paper a blur of words and unfamiliar symbols ‘meaningless psycho babble’ she thought as she began to glance around. Her blonde hair fell over her desk as she laid her head down in an attempt to find some way to make the time go faster so she could get out of the hall and into fresh air. She closed her eyes and willed the clock to speed up, or the people writing to slow down, anything. It didn't work. Sighing, she sat back up and stared straight ahead of her. This was pointless; the whole exam thing was pointless. Her being here was pointless; she felt her life was pointless. Like she had no reason to be on Earth, "Why am I here?" she muttered under her breath. Lately she had been feeling useless and worthless. She needed a reason, a purpose for her life, for her being.

Screwing the exam paper up into a tiny ball, she moodily chucked it away from her; fully aware the invigilator was staring at her. What the fuck was he was going to do about? It was her exam to do what she liked with it. She sat back and resumed her staring ahead…straight at the figure standing in the doorway. He was dressed in a black suit with a red tie and a bat buckle on his belt. His hair was long, shoulder length, slightly matted and greasy. Even from as far back as she was, she could still see his piercing hazel eyes distinct on his pale face. His face was clouded with mystery, as were his bright eyes. She looked around to see if anyone else could see this mysterious man, but no one had seemed to notice him.

She turned back to the front, and he was gone.

She looked around to see if he had moved, but the mysterious figure had disappeared. Looking at the clock, the frustrated girl saw that only ten minutes had passed since she last checked, "Sod this." She muttered, picking up her pens. She got up and walked out of the hall, gaining stares from every individual in the hall. It was probably the first time they had laid eyes on her. She barely noticed the pouring rain as she began the walk to the bus stop to get home from school. She had always liked the rain; it made her feel cleansed, free, and alive. Standing at the bus stop she plugged her mp3 player in and turned the volume up. She stared at the grey concrete below her, watching it shine as it did when it was soaking wet. As the bus neared her, she looked up and saw the same mysterious figure, standing across the road, staring at her. But something was wrong about the figure. In the soaking, shiny concrete…

he had no reflection.