Everyone Has A Purpose, What's Yours?

Danger

Tabby sat down on the pavement outside the hospital which currently housed Gerard's body, "So what do we do now?" Gerard asked, sitting down beside her.
"I dunno. You're the one who's stuck in this mess, you should know something. And I'm getting weird looks for talking to myself."
"You're not talking to yourself."
"They can't see you remember."
"Oh yeah. Well at least you're outside a hospital in case anyone gets too worried." He said with a grin. Tabby narrowed her eyes threateningly in response. They sat there, both trying to work out what they were supposed to do to get round the situation, neither of them coming up with any ideas. Every so often someone would walk through Gerard and look back over their shoulder to the spot where he was sitting, slightly freaked out, "Heehee people keep walking through me!" he giggled.
"Gerard?"
"AAHH IT TICKLES!"
"GERARD WAY!" Tabby yelled at the top of her voice.
"WHERE?!" A group of girls squealed, clearly oblivious to recent happenings.
"Ah fuck." Above Tabby, a window opened and a familiar face poked his head out. It was Frank Iero and he didn't look happy. Gerard looked up and waved, but Frank just withdrew back inside. He turned around, and found Tabby had disappeared, "Tabby?" Looking around he couldn't see her anywhere; it was like she had been taken off the face of the Earth. Panic grew in Gerard as he realised he was on his own and his one chance of help had gone, "Tabby!" he shouted. Suddenly a pain in his chest brought him to his knees. His vision blurred as the pain got worse and worse until he finally blacked out, relieving himself of his pain.

Tabby rose from the ground shakily. She had no idea where she was or what had happened to her, but she knew things weren't good, "Ge…Gerard?" she whispered, her voice quavering.
"Right here Tabs." A familiar voice came. She turned around and found herself face to face with Gerard. Filled with relief, she threw her arms around him, almost crying, "I thought…I thought…"
"There there it's ok now. I'm here." Tabby looked at him, aware there was no emotion in his voice which was odd for him. Fear began to rise in her as his face distorted to a ruined face with only holes for eyes and a tiny slit for a mouth. She turned and ran, but was stopped by the "thing" grabbing her, "You're not going anywhere." It hissed.
"Let me go!" She struggled against the creature until she managed to free herself and ran as fast as she could. Taking no notice of anything going on around her, she ran until she hit something. Something which turned out to be the real Gerard, "Tabby! Oh God I thought something awful had happened to you! Thank God you're ok!" he exclaimed as he held her whilst she cried, "What's wrong? What happened?"
"I thought it was you. It wasn't. It was something evil, it tried to hurt me so I ran, I just ran." She sobbed.
"Sssh it's ok. We can go back to Earth now." He closed his eyes and when he opened them again, they were back on the street they had left. Gerard took Tabby round to a little alleyway which nobody walked down, "We're back. Back on Earth." He said, still holding her.
Tabby opened her eyes and saw it was true, "What was that?"
"I don't know, but I don't think it's left us alone. We haven't seen the last of that."
"Christ."
"Are you still willing to help me?" Gerard asked in a worried tone.
"Of course I am you twat waffle. There's no way I'd leave you to do this alone."
"Yay!"
"I had a thought…"
"Yes?"
"Is there anything you didn't do when you were alive and well that you should have done and are possibly now paying the price for?"
"Um…I wasn't there at my grandma's funeral. Wait a minute are you saying the reason I'm like this is because I didn't do that?"
"Yep."
"So…"
"Somehow we have to recreate the funeral for you to attend. Before you end up joining your grandma."