Everyone Has A Purpose, What's Yours?

Believing

Tabby entered the house, Gerard following behind, "My God…" Gerard breathed as he saw the state his parent's house was in. It had been left to decay, slowly and painfully, along with his memory. What had been his family home was now an indication of the pain his accident and state of health had caused his mother and father. He felt the tears build up behind his eyes as he followed his mother through to the kitchen, "Hey. It's ok." Tabby said, "We're going to get this sorted, you'll come back here alive. I promise." He smiled his gratitude at the girl he had met just days ago, the girl who held his life in his hands, "Do you want anything to drink?" his mother asked.
"Oh um, no thanks. I'm fine." Tabby replied.
"Does…does Gerard?"
"He can't."
"Oh…ok." She sighed and sat down, "Now, can you explain to me what's going on?"
"Of course Mrs Way." Tabby replied as she sat down.
"Donna."
"Ok, Donna. Your son is here now, he's just there." She pointed to the corner of the room where Gerard gave a wave, "It sounds crazy I know, and so far I'm the only one who can see him. But he needs to get back to his body in the hospital. We went there but found he couldn’t get through the door, and my guess is because he hasn't fulfilled something on this Earth."
"And you think the thing he has to do is attend his grandmother's funeral."
"Yeah…"
"How are you planning to do that?"
"Um, we were hoping you could help. We think a service by her resting place should do the trick."
"You want to dig her up?!"
"No! No nothing like that! Just a service, a memorial service."
"Oh thank God." Donna gave a nervous laugh, "Well that I can help you with. And I will help you with."
"You will? Thank you thank you thank you!" Tabby ran around to Donna and hugged her out of gratitude. Gerard came over and tried to do the same, but his arms just went straight through his mother, who shivered, "It feels like something just went straight through me!"
Tabby smiled, "That was Gerard, he tried to hug you, but it seems that he's only solid to me as well."
"It was?"
"Hey, Gerard do that again." Gerard did as he was asked and Donna promptly shivered again, "Wow! He really is here!" She turned to face Gerard, "Honey, I know you're here and even if I can't see you, I can feel you. We're going to help you." Gerard just grinned as his mother spoke to him, "Do you want to stay here whilst we get this sorted?" She said, turning to Tabby.
"Wow really? That would be amazing."
"It's no problem. You can take over Gerard's room, if he's willing to let you."
"Yeah…he's grinning right now."
"Gerard, can you take Tabby to her room please?"
"Follow meeeee!" He sang, grabbing Tabby's arm and leading her to his room, "Your mum's awesome."
"I know I know. Ok here we go. Bed, wardrobe, floor, strip of sunlight." Tabby laughed and sat down on the bed.
"Aaah I've missed my room. Haven't been back for ages."
"Touring?"
"Oh yes. And now thanks to you, I'm back!" He jumped on Tabby, knocking her over, "Um awkward position Gerard."
"Me or you?"
"Both."
"Ah you see I'm not weirded out by this, plus you're comfy."
"Great…so now you're just gonna sleep on me."
"Mmhm."
She sighed, "Fine."