Status: Complete.

Picture Perfect

"That's My Uncle!"

“Why don’t I remember that?” Bobby asked as he looked at the photo that Emily was showing him.

Melanie looked at it and stole it from Em’s arms. “Oh, my God, Bobby! That’s so you! You look adorable!”

Bobby looked blankly at the photograph, ignoring all outside noises from the thoughts inside his head. It seemed he was trying to remember that exact moment in his life, no matter how difficult it was, or how long lost the memory was. Neither Emily nor Bobby could recall this moment in their very lives, at ages where they should easily be able to recall virtually anything and everything.

Melanie broke the silence in the room, “Jeez, guys, did you have a love affair when you were younger? Why didn’t you tell me?”

Emily giggled and Bobby seemed to be back from his unsuccessful trip down memory lane. Bobby did not hear what Melanie said.

Bobby’s eyes wandered around the Johnsons’ living room, of which Emily’s mother had recently cleaned, due to the abundance of bile from Mr. Johnson’s drunkenness.

An old photo sitting atop the fireplace mantle caught Bobby’s eyes, and he stared at it for almost two minutes. Em and Mel were chatting, and when Bobby didn’t respond, they looked towards him. Then they looked in the general direction of where he was looking.

Bobby pointed to the old photo. The frame was a rusty-brown color; frame and photo were both covered with dust. Emily and Melanie glanced to where he was pointing: the photo. There was silence.

Bobby broke the silence this time, “That’s my uncle.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, another (short) chapter up. Thanks for reading and please comment.

Also, I have made a website for all my current works (ha), including this one. The website is still under construction. Please click here to visit it. Note that this is relevant-ish to the story.

♣Taylor♣