Status: Complete.

Picture Perfect

After Party

Melanie’s party went amazingly well, I’d say. Lots of guests stayed overnight, and we did what regular teens do at parties. And we gossiped about everything under the sun. We didn’t talk about Jerry, like we normally would have. That’s because Mel let him stay, due to the fact that if he left, Kristie would leave too, and if Kristie left, then we all know Kerrington would leave as well, and so would her partner, James. Once they leave, everyone leaves.

The only thing I hated about the party was the whole 7 minutes in heaven thing. I slapped my hand to my forehead. Why did I make out with him? Why did I let him touch me the way he did? I told myself over and over that I didn’t like it, when I knew for a fact that I did. Why did I ask him to stop, then?

The morning after the party, I was the last one to leave. When I woke up, I decided to take Mel up on her previous offer to borrow some jeans and a tee-shirt. When I was dressed, I went down the stairs to the kitchen. Melanie was getting ready for work. I know what you’re thinking. Why would someone throw a party the night before they had to get up early to go to work? I don’t know the answer to that one, sorry.

“Wow, Em, those jeans look better on you than on me,” Melanie commented when she saw me descending the stairs. “Why are you wearing your jacket in the house, still?”

“Thanks, and uh…,” I hesitated, “I’m a little chilly.”

Melanie nodded, “Oh, I see.” Then she went back to putting on her shoes.

“Where’s William?”

“Oh, I see you liked what happened last night. Is that why you’re questioning my sister on my whereabouts?” William asked, coming out of the bathroom after a shower. I’m surprised I didn’t hear the water running.

“Like I would care where you are.”

“Then why were you asking?” William asked, with an amused look on his face.

Melanie interrupted, “I’m leaving now. Play nice while I’m away, but not too nice, if you catch my drift.” She winked.

I gasped in utter shock, “I can’t believe you’d say something like that!”

“Seriously, Melanie. Don’t tell me what to do, or in this case, who not to do. I’m older than you, I can do who I want.”

Melanie and I rolled our eyes.

“In your dreams!” I shouted at William.

Before Melanie left, she turned to her brother and told him not to do it on the couch, as she didn’t want it to be infested with his…stuff. She closed the door behind her. I was utterly disgusted. As if anything — other than the closet incident — would ever occur between William and I. As if I would let it.

Like I always did, I helped myself to the food in the refrigerator. I grabbed ingredients to make myself a sandwich — bologna and cheese.

I felt eyes on me as I made my sandwich, I turned to look, and my eyes were connected with William’s for a short period of time. Then I quickly looked away. It felt as if he was burning into my soul with his eyes. I continued making my sandwich. When I was done eating, I put all my two dishes into the dishwasher.

I went upstairs, completely ignoring the eyes that followed me, and grabbed my dress. I went back downstairs and grabbed a bag from the pantry, and put my clothing in it. I quickly put my shoes on.

“If you want, I’ll walk you home,” William said as I reached for the door handle.

Did he have ulterior motives?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading this random chapter. It'll get better, don't worry. Comments and criticism welcomed, but remember, I'm an amateur writer (way amateur), thus, stories will NOT be perfect.

It might take a while for the next update, due to the fact I've obtained a job, and will have less time.

♥Taylor♥