Status: Complete.

Picture Perfect

Monday Mourning

As I woke up Monday morning, I remembered that William had wanted me to go on a date with him tonight. Why on a Monday? Was it because it was the last week of school, or because he forgot that we had school? He’s still in school, as a grade twelver. Sure, he’s almost done, but still. What was his problem? Where to begin on this one…

As I got ready to take my morning shower, I realized that I had not yet finished the math assignment. This teacher had serious problems, assigning homework for the last week of school. This stuff wasn’t even going to be on the final exam, nor was it going to count for the last report card. I didn’t get why we had to do this stupid stuff anyways. When was I ever going to use this crap, anyways?

When I stepped out of the shower, I got dressed, did my hair in a messy ponytail, and did my makeup. When I had completed those tasks, I quickly did the last of my homework, got my books together, and ran downstairs to eat something. When I finished eating, I ran to the nearest bathroom and brushed my teeth, collected my already put together books, put on my shoes, and walked out the door.

Once I stepped onto the sidewalk, I noticed that William’s car was parked right in front of me. He was actually waiting for me, so he could drive us to school. Did he think we were dating? Unfortunately, Melanie went to camp today, so I couldn’t see her, and she couldn’t help me from her stupid brother. Why was her camp starting so early anyways? I hoped she’d make it to the final exams that start next week Monday. Technically, Thursday is the last day of actual school, and then we get a few days to study, then we start exams the following Monday.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

WILLIAM’S POV

I watched as Emily totally walked past my car. I honked the horn and she looked back and glared at me. What was her problem, anyway? What did I do to her? She can’t be mad at me because I asked her out, could she? No, it’s probably because I went straight to her mother. Ha-ha. If that was the problem, then I can’t say I really blame her for being mad. I’m offering her a ride to school, though, she should take it, whether she really wants to or not. That way she wouldn’t have to walk all the way to school, which is notably far from her house. Way farther than mine and Melanie’s anyways.

Emily kept walking, regardless of whether she actually wanted the ride or not. She wasn’t giving in to what I wanted. This, as it would appear, was just to give her a ride. I put my foot on the gas, luckily there were no cars parked in front of mine, and slowly followed Emily.

“Come on, Em,” I said through the open window. “Please?”

“You’re wasting your time, William,” Emily told me matter-of-factly.

“How so?” I asked stupidly.

“Well,” she started, “you’re here, in your car trying to give me a ride. I won’t get in the car, so you might as well leave now.”

“Oh, Em, I know you’ll give in if I keep pestering,” I told her, definitely sounding sure of myself, which was a lie. I wasn’t sure of myself at all.

“Don’t lie to yourself, William,” she said. It was as if she was reading my mind.

“I don’t lie,” I lied. Well, she doesn’t know that. She’s never heard me lie before. Okay, that’s a lie. She just had no proof that it was a lie.

We continued chatting like this for a while. I kept following her in my car. By the time I decided to stop slowly following her, I realized we were already at school.

Emily giggled, “I told you I wouldn’t give in, even if you kept annoying me.”

To me, this sounded as if it was a challenge. Not just to get her to give in to me giving her a ride, or even getting her to go to the movies with me. No, it sounded like a different sort of challenge. One I wasn’t sure I would win. But, who doesn’t like challenges?

I rolled my eyes and drove away to the student parking lot. I glanced at my rearview mirror to see Emily. She was going into the school building, not even bothering to look back, which pissed me off. How can she not like me?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Emily’s POV

After William gave up and drove away, I presumed to the parking lot, I debated whether or not to look back. I decided on not looking back. I didn’t even know why I would look back in the first place. There was definitely no reason to.

The school day was ordinarily boring. Every class was the same: people would randomly shout stuff and get in trouble. Normally I would have appreciated the interruptions in the class, but every class was the same, and the teachers were bitching. I wanted to take a knife and stab someone. Luckily, after the incident I stopped carrying any sharp objects, so unfortunately I couldn’t stab anyone. Not like there was anyone in particular that I would stab if given the opportunity...

The only entertaining part of the day was seeing Jerry and Kristie together. The people who didn’t go to the party had no idea how that happened. Hell, I didn’t even know how that happened. Jerry got stuck with Kerrington for seven minutes in heaven, then he’s suddenly somehow with Kristie. How did that happen? At least I knew part of the story.

When I walked out of my last class, William was waiting outside the door for me. The looks on the other students’ face were priceless. I could just “hear” their thoughts: Oh, my God. William’s waiting for…Who? Emily?! Why’s Will waiting for Emily of all people. Of course, I would take no offence to anything these losers said about me.

I had the same question as them: Why was he waiting for me? Especially since he doesn’t have fifth period, and has a spare instead. Did he wait an hour just for me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! I've completed another chapter. In between work, sleep, eat. Hope you enjoyed it. At least somewhat. The next one will continue kind of where it left off.

C&C appreciated.

♥Taylor♥