Club Scene Insanity

3

Edward Carroll was always a big dreamer. He had wild dreams, dreams for a change, dreams for a 'happily ever after' type life. He spent most of his life daydreaming. He daydreamed so often, there were times that he somehow became confused weather certain parts of his life was a reality or daydream. There were times where he became entranced with his daydreams, colliding with his colors and vivid scenes of an place elsewhere. The Underground.
The Underground was was Edward's imaginary sanctuary. His peace. His happiness. A place where he would send himself when things got rough or quite unbearable. A place where he fit in. Many people would say with much confidence, that Edward Carroll would fit in nowhere. There was no place in which Edward Carroll would belong. That may be so, but Edward would not have it that way. If there was not an existing place in which he could belong, he would create it.
It is true to say that Edward Carroll was the creator of The Underground Scene. This exciting, colorful, euphoric, yet oh so dangerous scene rose in cities everywhere. The commoners among these places; the outsiders. The weird ones. The ones who never fit in. Finally, a place where all the world's weirdos could go to have fun. Anyone was excepted, unless they were normal. If one came to the underground wearing a pair of jeans and a t-shirt they would be firmly sent away.
The underground was a place for color. A place where the lights flashed at you so fast with multiple rays of color that you could no longer make out your surroundings. A place where the music was so full of beats, bass, and rhythm that you could longer hear yourself think. It was this way because you didn't need to think. Just dance. And smile. And be happy. Edward Carroll never knew he could experience this sort of ecstacy. That was his one and only thought as someone with long blond hair pulled up high in two pigtails, wearing a pink plastic mini-skirt with green tights and purple high-sold boots handed him two little white pills.