Injecting Music Into Your Veins

-Alseep Or Dead-

Gerard's P.O.V.

I leaned over the toilet and vomited for the 6th time in the last hour. I couldn't tell what was making me sicker: trying to remember the amazing night before, or the intense hangover. I thought that maybe if I could focus on imagining Raven's face, my mind would become clear enough for me to stand.

When I managed to get to my feet, the bathroom door swung open, and I quickly fell back to my knees.

Mikey and Grandma looked down on me sympathetically.
I immediately stood up, stumbling to the side.

"I stalled her as long as I could." Mikey gave me a weak smile

"Don't say that Michael," my Grandma's sweet voice made me feel a little better,"I knew you were drunk last night Gerard, sweety...You were smiling too much and laughing at the dog." She chuckled at the embarrassing memory.

They helped me get to my room in the basement and sprawled me over my bed. I tried to move, and clumsily smacked my head against the wall.

"Shit..." I mumbled as my brother and Grandmother giggled.

My crappy-excuse-for-an-alarm-clock caught my attention. 10:57 A.M.
"...Shit!" My clogged mind suddenly swept open and I shot into the air. My legs panicked and I began searching for clothes. But, then I realized I was feeling a breeze in unusual places. I looked down to find myself barely covered in tiny, Spiderman boxer briefs.

I crossed my legs and backed up. Mikey was cracking up on the coffee-stained carpet, and Grandma's face clearly stated that she was holding in her laugh.

"Not funny!" I grabbed the nearest pillow covering my private area.

She just smiled and said, "Well, I'm going into the city today...Maybe Mikey can take you shopping." She walked away letting her laugh loose.

"Yeah, love you too!"

Mikey's face was turning purple, and frankly, this pissed me off.

I snatched a blazing cup of coffee from the dresser, and threw it in his direction.

"AHHH! SHIT! JESUS! GERARD!"

I gave him an innocent smile, batting my eyelashes.

"We're even..." He said, rubbing his pink neck.

My mind quickly switched back to the reason of my freakout.

"Mikey! School! Today! I--We're supposed to meet Raven!" I began to panic again, grabbing a loose Smashing Pumpkins t-shirt.

"No school today, Spidey. Some teacher died or something."

My face was flat. I had actually been looking forward to a school day.

"Guh...Just hand me my fucking jeans."

Mikey noticed my sad tone, as he zipped up his own black skinny jeans. He actually looks kind of...hott. I shuddered and shook the wrong thought out of my head.

"C'mon Gee, your gonna see her again tomorrow. And if I might add, she looked pretty damn stunned last night."

I looked back to her happy, green-eyed face, and cracked a smile.

"I was pretty stunned by us. Well, by our one damned song."

He tossed me my jeans and black jacket.

"I think Frankie's got a crush on her pretty-boy friend. He was licking his lips and everything."
We laughed simultaneously.

"So, you gonna take me shopping like Grandma said?!"

Mikey turned to look at me funny as we jogged up the basement stairs.
"We're going to Starbucks."

Raven's P.O.V.

"Just let me pay for it woman!"

Danny handed the money to the cashier, and pushed me to a window seat.

"Damn you, Danny." I grinned and grabbed my frappacinno.

I sat down in faded Black Flag tee and ripped jeans. They were those among the back-up clothes I kept at Danny's for the nights I stayed at his place. I had more of my things in his closet than in my own.

I have to admit, I was sad about school being canceled, strange as it sounded. It was still raining outside, and I grew silent, watching the raindrops pound the window.

"Raven, it's not like he's dead. You'll see him. And I'll see Frankie." He smiled and took a sip of his Peppermint Mocha, leaving his lip ring coated with whipped cream.

I giggled and wiped it away for him. "I guess your right...But they were so amazing last night, weren't they?"

"They were...different. I don't know how to say it. They were good."

The bell dinged as the coffee shop door opened. What do 'ya know? In walks Gerard, Frankie, and Glasses. My heart rate began to pound in tune with the raindrops, when his hazel eyes caught on to mine.

Frankie's face lit up, and he grabbed his friends' wrists, dragging them to our table.

"Hey Raven!" Frankie said my name but was staring at Danny.

"Hi Raven." Gerard smiled sweetly.

"Ahem." Glasses looked at him expectantly.

"This is my brother, Mikey."

"Hey, Mikey." I stuck out my hand, and he took it softly, like he was afraid to break it.

Danny kicked my leg under the table.

"Ow! Jeez Dan..."

He motioned to Frankie, who was practically gawking at him.

"Oh! This is Danny."

Frankie snatched Danny's hand off the table, and got so close, I thought he was about to attack him with his lips.

"I'm Frankie."

As they blushed, Mikey went to order their coffee. I was left one-on-one with Gerard. Say something

"Last night...you're show was...amazing." My face was burning hot, even as I was freezing my ass off.

He seemed shocked by my reaction. "Really?!...I thought your reaction would be...more like horrified. We kind of sucked."

I felt my jaw drop. Both from his words, and the way his face made time freeze. "Gerard. Believe me. It was...There was something about the way you sang...That made me feel...something I've never felt before...It was good." I stopped breathing as I realized what I said. Fucking dork, Raven.

His pale cheeks shaded pink, and he immediately got happy.

Mikey walked over and dropped the coffee, laughing like a madman. Danny and Frankie were making out before us.

We stopped in front of my house just as the streetlights were turning on. This is where we part

Mikey gave me a quick, but warm hug, and I realized that I was actually happy when I was with these people.

Danny and Frankie were whispering closely, clearly love-struck.

"Look at them." Gerard stood beside me and I grew numb again.

"I know, its like they were meant for each other." He turned to me and our eyes locked.

"What the hell Raven?!"
Alex was yelling, wasted in the doorway."
"If I see those fucking faggots on my property again, I will kill them!!!"

"Shut the hell up Alex!" I didn't want them to see this. Ever.

Gerard got surprisingly defensive, and Mikey had to hold him back. Frankie held on to Danny, and managed a "Fuck you!" before I panicked and sprinted for the door.

"Go home guys! Please!" I helplessly yelled as Alex stumbled inside.

Gerard was arguing with Mikey, trying to get him to let go. He looked up to me and I managed a weak smile. It hurt me to see him struggling for something so helpless. He seemed to understand I was trying to get him to go, and gave me one last, strong stare.
I shut the door and ran to my room, slamming it behind me.

Alex was already there.

I let him do his damage.

My stomach was purple and my arms were numb. No, I was numb.

There's always further to fall.
I had the razor in my hand, ready to fade away.

The window shattered, and everything went blurry as someone lifted me up and out into the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Currently Listening: Apocalyptica ft. Adam Gontier of TDG- I Don't Care

Firstly: This song is amazing.
Second: I worked pretty hard on this chapter my friends.
PLEASE comment, criticize, barf randomly.