Sequel: Indestructible
Status: - in progress -

When Night Falls

When Night Falls Chapter Sixteen


Damaged - Plumb
It would be good if you would listen to this while reading this chapter. (: Thanks


-Christine's POV-

I closed my eyes, feeling myself shudder violently from fright, as I let go of the stake. Each breath I took hurt, yet I gasped for air, sucking in every breath hungrily. My heart was pounding painfully, my mind blank. My palms were wet, wet with a mixture of both tears and pespiration. With trembling hands, I pulled the stake out from the floor, where it had stood, right next to where Sarah was lying.

I felt my knees go weak as I collasped onto the floor.

I can't believe that I had tried to kill her.

I can't believe that I was so cruel to even think of it.

I let the stake fall from my hands, my eyes blurred by the tears that was flowing. My eyes followed the fall of the stake as it fell to the floor with a large clunk.

"I can't..." I choked out. "How can I kill my best friend?"

Her emerald green eyes stared up at me with pity, the shades of golden merging in with the green, the pools deep and sorrowful.

"You s-still treat me as your best f-friend?"

She smiled softly, her expression pained. She let out a soft groan, shivering slightly.

"Forgive me...I can't do it..."

"... I understand. It's not h-hurting so much anymore...It's ending soon. You better leave. I don't want to h-hurt you..." She pushed me away.

I pressed my face against her cheek.

"I'll never leave you... don't worry, I can help you."

"How? I d-don't want to hurt y-you Christine... I... I've already lost my p-parents... I can't l-lose you too..."

I choked back a sob at her words, feeling a rush of emotions as I felt my face merge into a mask of pain.

It was a long time since we last talked, and she still cared so much about me.

I pushed her away, and she kept coming back to me.

I didn't deserve her friendship.

She didn't deserve this...just for being my friend.

I felt a bubble of anger bursting forth, a sudden overwhelming rage.

Why was I so ABNORMAL?

Why was everyone I cared aboutgetting hurt?

Why was everyone around ME dying?

I closed my eyes, fresh tears coming to my eyes as the faces of my Grandpa, Uncle Frank, my dad and Aunt Andrea, Mr and Mrs Wheatley came swimming into view.

It wasn't the right time yet.

I couldn't tell her that I was a werewolf.

How could I tell her that I was the reason why her parents were dead?

How could I ever tell her that I was the reason why she was becoming a monster too?

I opened my eyes, watching as the little imperfections on her face begun to smoothen out, her scent becoming strangely metallic and cold. She sat up slowly, pulling back from me, her emerald eyes fearful. There was a glint of something else in her eyes, something that every vampire had. Something that made me want to kill all vampires.

Thirst.

The thirst for blood.

She was already hungry.

I watched as she swallowed back a ball of spit, her fingers turning white from clenching them tightly. She then dug her fingers tightly into her bed sheets, creating rips in the covers. I could tell that she was restraining herself from draining my blood. Being in the same room as I must be torturous for her. My blood must be so tempting. I felt sorrow overwhelm me. I bit my lip, my stomach churning, threatening to empty out the contents of my dinner. There was a sour sensation in my throat, and I coughed, choking slightly on my tears.

She snarled suddenly, hissing.

"LEAVE..." She spat, her green eyes wild and hostile.

"I can take care of myself... Trust me. I know I don't deserve your trust... but please. Trust me. " I pleaded with her.

Her emerald eyes clouded over as she stared at me, her expression suddenly soft.

"I trust you, but I don't trust myself."

I stepped closer to her.

"Sarah, I..."

I watched the monster in her take over her as she lunged at me suddenly.

I ducked, and she smashed head-first into her bedroom wall.

She recovered quickly, growling as she reached for me again...

Suddenly, she sunk to the floor in a dead faint, her legs folding below her.

I stared at her pale, crumpled body, feeling panic overwhelm me as I began to slap her face, praying that she was still alive ok.

This wasn't helping.
I need help.

I reached into my jeans pocket for my cell, frantically keying in for the first time, the numbers that I didn't know that I would soon be able to memorise...