Sequel: Indestructible
Status: - in progress -

When Night Falls

When Night Falls Chapter Two


Boom - Anjulie
It would be good if you would listen to this while reading this chapter. (: Thanks


He hardly flinched.

He raised his eyebrows slightly as I growled, waiting for him to say a word. I barely noticed Mrs Anderson in mid-conversation, frozen in time.

"You filthy vampire. What are you doing here?" I added as much venom as I could to my words.

"What about you?" He scowled at my words.

But his reply was calm.

"What? What about me?" I asked, taken aback, all animosity forgotten.

"You...A werewolf? You aren't exactly the right person to stop me from enrolling in high school. I haven't hurt anyone, have I? I'm not sure about you, though." He replied in a quiet, teasing voice.

He's right, you know. He hasn't done anything wrong. YOU... on the other hand...

He hasn't done anything wrong. Yet. Shut up you.

"How did you know that?" I growled.

"Your friend over there," the vampire jabbed in the direction of Michael Connors sitting at the front, "Was looking at you, wondering whether I had gotten on the wrong side of you when he saw your face. He was thinking that maybe I would end up like him too." He grinned widely.

Stupid mind-reading vampire.

I bared my teeth at him.

I had once hit Michael so hard in the stomach he had landed in the hospital. He had gotten on my nerves trying to ask me out... I mean, it had to be a joke right? I wasn't even near pretty... That was when I had just realized that I was a werewolf...and I hadn't learnt how to control my strength yet.

I came to a decision quickly.

"Alright, you. I'm warning you. I'm watching out for you... If you hurt someone, or suck someone's blood, I'm going to destroy you. I'm not just an average werewolf. I BITE... " The last sentence came out, I hoped, showing that I was deadly.

He chuckled, amused.

Apparently not.

I glared back.

"Dont worry. Haven't you smelled me yet? I'm different from your average bloodthirsty vampire. I am vegetarian."

He grinned, baring his teeth at me.

Vegetarian?

"Vegetarian?" I echoed the thought.

"I don't suck human blood."

The look of bewilderment on my face made him laugh.

"I do animals." He smiled, a dimple deep in his right cheek.

Before I could stop myself the next question came to my lips.

"Is that why your eyes are blue?"

He looked at me in puzzlement.

My question seemed to have taken him by surprise.

I could sense the curiosity rolling off him in waves as he pondered my question.

"Yes, I guess." He shrugged.

He gazed at me again, this time making me blush.

He is HOT...

I grudgingly agreed.

I had seen tons of vampires, but none of them were as gorgeous as this one. I mentally thanked god that vampires couldn't read the minds of werewolves.

He continued to stare at me.

Embarrassed by the intensity of his stare, I nodded brusquely and went back to my seat before releasing time from my grasp again.

He had turned back to Mrs. Anderson as she now finished whatever she was saying before I had frozen time. She nodded curtly in response to his quiet reply, and then stood up.

"Class, this is Ryan Black." She turned towards him and pointed towards the only empty seat in the classroom beside me.

"Ryan, please take a seat at the back of the classroom, where Miss Yang is."

HOLY FUCK..YOU ARE SO GOD DAMN LUCKY!

SHUT UP YOU.


-Ryan's POV-

I stepped into the school, breathing in deeply.

The smell of human bodies, of heartbeats and blood... I was glad I was desensitized.

It was technically- my "first day in school".

How ironic.

I had so many "first days of school" already.

Yet. I was nervous. I didn't know why. My heart hadn't beat in a hundred years...If it could, would it be faster than normal?

I just wanted a normal life. And looking like a seventeen year old meant that I had to enroll in a senior high school. Though being a 300-year old vampire was hardly normal.

I headed to my first class, randomly hearing thoughts in the minds of those I've passed.

"Wow... he's HOT." A blonde-haired girl smiled shyly at me.

"He looks like a typical bastard that goes around breaking the hearts of girls." One girl gave me a nasty glare as she tossed back her hair, stalking away.

I chuckled.

Then I tuned out of the thoughts of others as I focused on looking for my first classroom.

I knocked on the door of the classroom, and handed the note to the teacher in front of me. I nodded in response to her questions, feeling my hair stand on end the moment I walked into the classroom.

Puzzled, I sniffed the air suspiciously.

SHIT. I smell a werewolf. The dusty foresty smell of a werewolf...

I spun around, aware of a pair of dark eyes focusing on me.

They were hostile, wild... uncontrollable.

"Look at that expression on Christine's face... She looks all ready to kill the new guy... I wonder why? Too bad for him... This guy is going to end up like me..."

The child in the front row was wincing in his seat.

I sighed to myself.

This was never going to end.

I had to kill a couple of werewolves out of self-defense...Was I going to kill one again?

The werewolf stopped time and flashed to my side.

"You filthy vampire. What are you doing here?" She snarled.

WOW. This one is the nicest werewolf I've ever met. At least this one hasn't tried to kill me yet.

I frowned back at her in response.

"What about you?" I replied.

"What? What about me?" She asked, looking blank.

What was her name again? Christine? Well, she's pretty cute...She looks Asian hmmm...

"You...A werewolf? You aren't exactly the right person to stop me from enrolling in high school. I haven't hurt anyone, have I? Im not sure about you, though." I teased her, watching her flush.

"How did you know that?" She half-growled in embarrassment.

"Your friend over there," I pointed at the child in the front row, "Was looking at you, wondering whether I had got on the wrong side of you when he saw your face. He was thinking that maybe I would end up like him too."

I could only imagine what had happened to this guy...Grinning, I watch her squirm in embarrassment.

Great. This one's fun to watch.

"Alright, you. I'm warning you. I'm watching out for you... If you hurt someone, or suck someones blood, I'm going to destroy you. I'm not just an average werewolf. I BITE... "

"Dont worry. Haven't you smelled me yet? I'm different from your average bloodthirsty vampire. I am vegetarian."

"Vegetarian?" She asked.

"I don't suck human blood." I watch her face twist into a confused expression.

"I do animals." I laughed.

"Is that why your eyes are blue?"

This girl's pretty strange. No werewolf's asked me this question before. But then again, most of them end up dead.

"Yes, I guess." Christine nodded and walked back to her seat.

"Class, this is Ryan Black." Mrs. Anderson introduced me to the class.

I smiled back, trying to tune out their thoughts about me. I didn't like listening to the thoughts of others. Some of them were just plain stupid.

"Ryan, please take a seat at the back of the classroom, where Miss Yang is."

I watched Christine fume silently in response.

I chuckled dryly.

This was one hell of a good day.