Sequel: Indestructible
Status: - in progress -

When Night Falls

When Night Falls Chapter Thirty-Two


Come Back When You Can - Barcelona
It would be good if you would listen to this while reading this chapter. (: Thanks


-Christine’s POV-

I stood a distance away, making sure that no one noticed me. I was watching the flurry of activity that was taking place at the front door of the hospital. I had placed the girl in front of the hospital doors, and now she stirred, dazed as the hospital personnel carried her into the facility.

“What happened?” One of the nurses asked her.

“I… I don’t know. I don’t remember…” She let out a soft cry of pain as one of them touched her broken finger.

“You’ll be alright dear.” One of the nurses said kindly to her.

And that was all I needed to hear.

I dug out my phone from my jeans pocket, punching in the numbers as I ran as quickly as I could back to Jamier.

“Ryan? Could you help me please?”

-Ryan’s POV-

I held on tightly to the steering wheel, my mind focused on every thought of Jamier’s.

There was no motives, no hidden agenda. Every single thought was pure, innocent… chaste.

And focused on Christine.

He had no intentions of hurting anyone; he constantly worried about the monster he had become. He constantly worried about hurting Christine. In fact, Christine seemed to be the only reason that kept him from thinking about his thirst. She was the only reason why he hadn’t quite lost it yet. He was repulsed at the possibility of himself hurting her. Her blood made him thirsty, but he was determined not to hurt her in anyway. He wanted to protect her. His midnight blue irises were focused on her every movement, her every word.

She must be an angel.

I gripped the steering wheel tighter as I felt the impact of his thought. He began to muse over it. He replayed what had happened earlier in his mind. I could feel his happiness as he remembered her warm touch and her comforting words. Her words had given him hope, and he felt less like a monster with her. I felt jealousy overwhelm me, like poison flooding through my veins.

He loved her already.

I gritted my teeth as I cut the engine, stepping out of the car.

“Christine, wait here. I’ll take Jamier to Hades and Sarah and be right back. I need to talk to you.”

She nodded, frowning slightly, before she turned to speak to Jamier. She held his hand again.

I flinched, overwhelmed by a vicious flare of resentment towards Jamier.

“You’ll be fine. Hades, Sarah and Ryan will help you.” She said softly.

He nodded as she released his hand, stepping away.

I sighed softly under my breath, running my hand through my hair, feeling frustrated.

He was a good person. His thoughts implied that much.

Don’t take it out on him, Ryan.

“Hey.” I forced out the words. My voice sounded a little strangled. I cleared my throat.

“Since you can’t teleport yet, I’ll take you through the first time.” I held out my hand towards Jamier. He nodded as he took my hand.

“Thanks for this, Ryan.”

I could sense the genuine sincerity from his words, his midnight blue irises thick with emotion. He was touched, touched by the actions of this group of strangers who were helping him unconditionally.

“No problem.” I smiled, the jealousy ebbing slightly, slightly thrown off by his emotions.

I could tell that he would make a good friend. Unfortunately, I didn’t know whether I could control this… mad, insane desire to… rip him into pieces whenever he was near Christine. Maybe under different circumstances… we could have become good friends.

“Well… I guess I’ll see you soon, Christine.”

She nodded and she smiled, a soft expression on her face. Her face was slightly red against the cold of the night. The wind played with her hair, and she anxiously pushed her hair out of her face as she shivered. She pulled her blood stained hoodie tighter around her, as she gave a quick wave, before stuffing her hands into the pockets of her jacket.

As we teleported away… the last thing I had on my mind was…

I wished she smiled at me like that.