Juiced

Needs

It was like the first time I ever had a cigarette.

Once I got a small taste, I needed more. And when Zacky gave me a taste of heroin, I needed more. Becka did all she could to keep me away, but she didn’t watch me ALL the time.

I scrolled through the contacts in my phone till it landed on zacky. I pressed call and waited for him to pick up.

“Hey.” I heard over loud music in the background.

“Zacky, Its Kelsey. This a bad time to call?”

“No, its fine. You calling for a fix?”

“Yeah. Can I meet you somewhere?”

“Well, I’m at this party right now, but you could swing by.”

He gave me the house address.

“Ok, I’ll be there in a bit.”

I hung up the phone. I went to grab my purse and shoes, and then I headed out the door. This house was close by. I walked for a good three blocks, till I came across a place with blaring music and a lot of cars out front. I walked up to it and saw Zacky having a smoke on the step.

“I knew I’d see you again.” He said.

“Hey, I just need one more, then im done.” I said defensively.

“That’s what they always say.” He chuckled.

I reach in my purse and searched for my money, but I couldn’t find it.

“Fuck! Becka must have taken my money.” I growled.

“No, problem weeks dose, and you can pay me back at the end of the week.” He said.

“Thank you so much Zacky.” I said happily.

He pulled out 7 needles, one for each day. He raised the price to 30$ each. I pocketed them and went on my way. I stopped at the park to shoot up. I sat on the bench and pulled out a needle. I rolled up my sleeve. I searched for a vein and lined the needle up with it.

I poked it inside my skin and unleashed the liquid into my body. A smile appeared on my face as I sighed in relief. I let the needle drop to the ground. I got up and started stumbling on down the street. I knew the area well, but it looked so fucked up right now. I recognized one of the houses as my own. I stumbled up the steps.

It took me about a minute to figure out how to open the door. I finally got it and stepped inside. My phone vibrated. I took it out of my pocket. It was getting farther and then closer. The blurriness cleared and I read the message.

“Were the hell are you.” I said aloud.

It was from Becka. She also called a bazillion times, but I never noticed. I climbed the stairs, taking my sweet ass time doing it.

A flash of black came over me. My head started to play tricks on me. The hallway grew longer and the staircase seemed to go on forever. I stumbled into my room. My arms and legs felt weightless.

I hadn’t realized I was falling. The floor was hurdling towards me. It hit it hard but didn’t feel a thing.

I was knocked out cold.