In Silence It Hurts More

Chapter 6

(At the cafeteria)

Gerard's POV

"Hey guys!" A voice greeted; I’m not sure who though.

I raised my head to see Frank infront of me with a girl beside him.

"Guys, meet Allyson, my lab partner." He introduced.

“And that is Gerard, that guy sitting over there which looks pretty enigmatic, don’t you think? And that’s Mikey, the guy with glasses over there and that’s Ray, the guy at the corner and there’s Bob, the dude who’s holding drumsticks.” He further introduced.

Frank's POV

Everyone gave me a what-is-she-doing-here look but I didn't mind them.

"You could sit here, Ally." I told her indicating her to sit beside me.

“Sure.” She answered and sat as she smiled at each and everyone of them.

"So you guys might be wondering why she's here, right?" I started to explain.

"We're lab partners and were assigned to do a project together. We'll start later at my house and after that, we'll be coming over to your (Gerard’s) house. I invited her to come watch our band practice later. I brought her here so that I could introduce her to you guys." I told them in just one breath.

I got weird nods from them as if they didn't get what I said.

"Ugh. Okay." Gerard said while nodding.

"Oh, have you guys seen Hayley, by the way?" He added.

Allyson's POV

"Hayley Parker?" I asked.

"Uh huh..." Gerard nodded.

"I…" I turned my head and saw Frank glare at me. Then, I remembered what he told me a while back.

Flashback

"Oh my god! Is that Hayley?! Hayley Parker?!" Frank almost shouted.

"Who is Hayley?" I asked confused.

"That girl. Over there." He pointed at her and I nodded.

"She's my friend and my friend, Gerard, likes her." Frank told me.

"Does Hayley know?" I asked again.

"Nooo" Frank shook his head slowly.

"Annnd Gerard shouldn't know what we just saw 'kay." He added.

"Why?" I asked him.

"Just don't tell him!" He nearly shouted.

End of Flashback

"Hello!" Gerard waved his hand infront my face trying to get my attention.

"I...ugh..I haven't seen her." I lied.

He just nodded as I sighed in relief.

Back to Gerard's POV

Something weird is going on here. It feels like they're keeping something from me.
I checked the time. Five minutes before my next class! I'm late! I gotta move fast.

"Guys, I'm going. I'm already late." I said picking up my stuff and running out of the cafeteria.

Art Class. Here I am again.

I stepped into our classroom and took a deep breath. Where is Hayley? She's nowhere to be found. Where the fuck is she?!?

"Okay class, we're already starting. Please sit down." Mr. Adams said.

Oh no! He's here. Don't tell me Hayley's cutting classes.

"Please sit down Mr. Way. What are you doing there standing in the middle of the classroom like that?" Mr. Adams questioned me as I looked at him with a bug question mark on my face. Giggles and chuckles of my classmates filled the room. I didn't look at them due to too much embarrassment so I just made my way to an empty seat and hoped that Hayley will come soon.

I tapped my fingers repeatedly on my desk. I'm getting impatient here. Where is she?!

"Excuse me, Mr. Way? We're doing a seatwork here. What are you doing?"

"Sorry Sir." I said in a low tome.

All eyes were on me as giggles filled the room again.

"What's gotten into you?" Mr. Adams asked shaking his head in disappointment.