In Silence It Hurts More

Chapter 7

Frank's POV

"With a li'l bit of this over here..there we're done!" Allyson said.

"Whoa! You must some kind of a genius! You finished our Chemistry project!" I exclaimed.

"You're lucky you got paired up with me." She smiled as I sat there and stared at her with a smile plastered on my face.

"Uhmm..Frank, don't we have a band practice to go to?" She asked obviously trying to get my attention.

"Oh yeah! C'mon." I jumped off the couch and got the house keys.

"We'll walk. It's not far away from here." I said locking up the house.

"And I think my body needs a bit of excercise right now." I added.

She giggled and smiled lightly.

"So what's the name of your band?" She asked.

"My Chemical Romance." I answered.

"Cool!"

"Mikey's responsible for the band name. It's from an Irvine Welsh novel. Y'know, Ecstacy: Three Tales of a Chemical Romance." I told her.

"Oh that! I already read that book." She exclaimed.

"Nice..." I nodded raising a brow. I never really bothered to read that book.

"Yeah, among the three tales, I like the story The Undefeated the best. It's the longest tale in the book. It's a story about an aging clubber named Lloyd. On the other side of the story is a girl named Heather who left her husband and met Lloyd. Lloyd is now considering the possibilities that he's falling inlove again and...." She stopped. She probably noticed that I wasn't listening to her anymore.

"So..ugh what are your songs? Mind telling some of 'em.." She asked again.

"Oh, there's this song Hayley likes. It's called Skylines and Turnstiles."

"Can you sing it?"

"I can't."

"Please! Please Frank!" She begged doing a puppy dog pout.

"Your pouting won't do you no good. You look cute by the way." I joked.

"C'mon..just a part of it." She pleaded.

"Here goes.." I took a deep breath.

"You're not in this alone. Let me break this awkward silence. Let me go, go on record
Be the first to say I'm sorry.." I sang.

"C'mon continue it!" She pleaded.

"You said only a part of it!" I retorted.

"You're good. You do vocals?" She asked.
"Backup but I play the guitar!" I exclaimed.

"I thought so." She nodded.

"So who does vocals?"

"Gerard." I answered immediately; she nodded.

"Look! We're here!" I exclaimed pointing at Gerard's house.

We walked to their front door and banged loudly."

"Geezzz..Frank, you're gonna knock the door off it's hinges!" Mikey said opening the door.

"Are we gonna start yet? Oh yeah, I brought Allyson by the way." I announced.

"Yeah, some guy at the cafeteria told us this morning." Gerard joked.

"Where's Hayley?" I then asked.

"Dunno." Bob answered as if he didn't care.

"Is she coming?" I turned to Gerard.

"I gave her a call but the line was busy." He sighed.

"I even sent her a message and she didn't even reply." He added.

"So are we gonna wait for her?" I asked again but no one answered.

Gerard's POV

"We'll wait." I answered in a straight tone.

After 45 painstaking minutes...

"Gee, let's start already!" Mikey whined.

I looked around. Everyone seems to be minding their own business...sitting around lazily.

"Guys, just a couple more minutes." I said.

"We've been waiting for almost an hour." They all whined in a chorus.

"Okay!" I blurted standing up.

"Finally!" Everyone shouted.

I lowered my head and sighed. Hayley never missed any of our band practices. Why now?

We made it to the basement as everyone got to their places. I adjusted the microphone to my height. Allyson sat on the couch Hayley used to sit in.

"So this song is called Skylines and Turnstiles." I told Allyson.

"Oh, I know that song. Hayley loves this song." She exclaimed.

"How did you know?" I asked suspiciously.

She smiled and answered, "Frank told me. He even sang it."

I smirked at the fact that Frank actually sang it to a girl.

"Okay so here's my version of that song. Believe me mine is better." I joked.

Ray started to play. I held the microphone with both my hands. I closed my eyes and started to sing. In the middle of the song I opened my eyes. Allyson captured my sight. Her long blonde hair flowing at her back. I gazed at her sparkling blue eyes. Her pink lips made a light curve. She's Hayley's total opposite. Hayley has long jet-black hair. She has dazzling brown eyes that matches her fair complexion...

"Gerard?! Gerard?!?" I heard someone call my name.

"Yeah, Frank?" I turned to him.

"F.Y.I. the song isn't finished yet. Why did you stop singing?"

"Nothing. Just..let's just replay it okay." I said in a low tone.

All of them nodded. They all seem to have concern and pity in their features. We played the song again. And as usual the practice lasted for an hour and a couple of minutes.

"So Frank, you and Allyson seem to be close to each other." Ray smirked.

"Is there chemistry going on between you two?" Bob teased.

"The only chemistry going on between us is our chemistry project." Frank answered.

I listened to them teasing each other until I didn't care anymore and started hearing murmurs instead.

"Hey Gerard!" I was sitting in the corner of the living room minding my own business when Mikey threw a pillow at me probably trying to get my attention.

I threw the pillow back at him. I stood up and said, "I'm going to my room now."

the next day...

It's lunch break and all of us agreed to meet at the school yard. We were all there when we spotted Hayley.

"Hey Hayley!" I shouted waving my hand.

"Hey! Stay there. I'm coming!" She shouted back.

Finally! Where have you been?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please?!