In Silence It Hurts More

Chapter 9

Gerard’s POV

Another day alone in the streets of New Jersey; classes are over; Hayley’s nowhere to be found again, Frank walked Allyson to their house, Mikey’s sick so he didn’t come to school today, Ray and Bob already went home. Apparently, I'm the only one left and I’m on my way to Starbucks right now walking silently with my head bowed down and my hands on my pocket.

Upon reaching Starbucks, I raised my head to see Hayley through the glass window. My eyes grew wide and my jaw dropped.

“What the fuck?!” I told myself which caught the attention of people.

I shook my head in disbelief as I turned away and started running back to the direction I came from.

“Tell me what I saw isn’t real." I gasped for breath as I ran back home.

Frank's POV

Should I tell Gerard?” I asked myself the only question in my head right now. Maybe it’s better if he knew sooner.

“I’m telling him right now.” I said with confidence in my tone.

I went out and slammed the door behind me as I started running to Gerard’s house.

“Mikey, open up!” I banged on their door.

“Frank, do you really need to bang on our door every time you come here? We have a doorbell you know.” Mikey said sounding annoyed.

“Where’s Gerard?” I went in still gasping for breath.

“Whoa! Frank! What happened to you? Where have you been?”

“Tell me where Gerard is!” I yelled.

“Don’t yell at me. He’s in his room.”

I nodded and ran upstairs.

“You’re Welcome!” Mikey shouted.

"Gerard?"I knocked gently on his door.

I knocked again but he didn’t bother to open it. I tried to turn the knob and fortunately, it is open. I looked around and saw Gerard sitting on one corner of his room.

“Gerard, I got something to tell you. Hayley, she’s..”

“She’s dating that Kevin guy.” He cut me off. I nodded and tried to get closer to him.

“They’ve been together for almost a week now.” I told him.

“You knew it all along and never even told me!” Gerard stood up and raised his voice.

“Gerard, please..I was wrong. I should’ve told you-”

“Does Mikey, Ray and Bob now about this?! Huh?!” He cut me off again.

“I didn’t want you to get hurt.” I gulped.

“Know what Frank, It hurts more to find out that the person you trust betrays you.” He turned his back in me.

“Gerard? What makes you think I betrayed you?” I placed my hand on his shoulder but he shoved it off.

“I knew there was something up with you and Allyson.” I said in a low tone.

“Don’t put Allyson into this. She has nothing to do with it.”

“Why do you have to hide this from me?!” He blurted turning back to me.

“I already told you.” I said trying to calm him down.

“Because you didn’t want me to get hurt? Get real, Frank.”

“I would’ve wanted Hayley to tell you but she won’t. Look, she doesn’t kno-“

Gerard’s POV

“Get away!” I shouted.

“I’m not yet finished here, Gerard!” He shouted back.

“I said get away!” I raised my voice higher. Frank shook his head and turned away.

“Go.” I said, my voice getting lower. Frank went out and slammed my door.

I told you, I did this because I didn’t want you to get hurt!” He shouted from outside.

I didn’t reply but instead, I heaved a big sigh. I closed my eyes as tears started to stream down my face. I collapsed into my bed as train of thoughts flooded my mind.

Now I know. I should never have wanted us to be more than friends. Who am I kidding? I don’t deserve someone like her and she doesn’t deserve me. She deserves someone better. I’m a fool. Just gotta accept the fact that we weren’t meant for each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sad chappy but err...it's just part of the story. Teehee!