Yesterday Came Too Soon.

Chapter One

This is a story, A true story by me, Allie Thompson, The following took place between the 9th of May and the 10th of May, 2008.

As I tossed and turned, screaming and crying. I shot up. Straight up. I looked around, "Oh... a dream," as I wiped away the tears I let out a slight giggle, but still this gut-wrenching feeling was in my stomach. I'd had that same dream every night for the past week, but why?

"Allie, breakfast is ready!", I heard my usually not-so-chirpy mother beckon from the kitchen. Thankfully, it was a Saturday morning. I got up and took my medication. Being comatose for a week because of a silly bike accident... How pathetic. Ah well, shit happens, I guess. As we all sat around the table munching on our eggs and toast, I noticed my mother had a massive grin spread across her face. My mother's boyfriend burst through the door and made his way to the table, also looking quite pleased. Okay, now i was officially confused. My mother's boyfriend is a giant ass, and all she ever does is usually bitch about him. What in the world was going on?
"...We're getting married!", screamed my mother.
"WHAT!?" we all screamed back.
"Yep, as you all know, we've been dating for 2 years now, and Elliot popped the question last night!".
"Oh, congrats," said my brother and sister in unison.
As for me? I stood as quickly as I could and ran out of the house. I needed to talk to someone who knew how I felt. My best friend, Grace.

We went up to her room, and I sat on her bed. She pulled out her computer chair, though her eyes were fixed on me.
"What's going on?" she asked.
"... Mom and Elliot are getting married..."
"Shit, Al! Are you okay?"
"Yeah...... No. I don't know what to do! Mom will never believe me if I tell her," I explained.
"But what he did was disgusting! Surely she'll believe you! Why would you lie about something like that?" she replied.
"No, you don't get it, she's so wrapped up in her fairytale-romance that she won't believe me. She'll think i'm jealous, or just not ready for a step-dad, but i'm neither of those. I just want her to know..."

- Time Lapse -

Trying to get to sleep that night was impossible, being afraid of having that dream again, and now thinking about having Elliot as my step-dad. Well, I think that last one is enough to keep anyone from their slumber, but I still don't know what to do, I thought as I finally drifted off...

Running, and running, and running. I couldn't seem to escape his repulsive presence. The sound of his obnoxious growl filled the room. It sickened me, making me want to gag, but I still kept running through the rest of the house and out the back door. Racing across the fields, looking for help, looking for a way out. I looked behind me and was horrified to realise that he was easily closing the distance between us. I hid behind a tree and he ran right past me. I turned and started running back towards my house, hoping to get to my mother before he does. I stumbled through the back door, tripping on the rug but regaining my balance as I hurried up the stairs. I reached my mother's bedroom door, noticing the door was slightly ajar. I gently pushed it open to find him standing there, choking my mother against the wall. He's going to do it, I thought. "ELLIOT, DON'T!" I screamed. I closed my eyes, hoping he would come to his senses. I heard a loud thump, hoping my mother had shoved him off. I slowly opened my eyes...

"MOM!" I screamed as I opened my eyes, realizing it was the dream again. Why does this keep happening? I hope it's not what I think it is... For another hour or so, I tried to get back to sleep, but it was no use. I got up and went on my computer. Boredom got the best of me, so I decided to view my MySpace page...

"Allieee!'s Blurbs.
Why hello, my name be Allie, I'm 16 years old, I live in a small town in New South Wales, Australia..."

I stopped reading. Yeah, that's actually all I had. I could never describe myself well. The only real interestng thing about me is that I believe i'm psychic. I see things before they happen, in fact, I dream them...

- Time Lapse -

As I awoke once again, after finally getting to sleep 3 hours earlier, I got up and got in the shower. As I stepped out of the shower, I saw Elliot standing there, looking me up and down. I quickly grabbed a towel and wrapped myself in it.
"Elliot, what the fuck are you doing in here!? I was showering!"
"I see that..." he said in a sleazy manor.
I got goosebumps and shuddered. He was the most disgusting human being i'd ever met.
"What do you want!?" I asked.
"Just seeing what you're doing... Nah, I just wanted a reason to see you. How do you feel about your mother and I getting married?" he asked.
"I'm disgusted..." I muttered.
"What'd you say!?" he said with his hand raised, threatening to slap me.
"I said... I... I'm happy for you both."
"Good, 'cause once we're married, i'll be your step-dad, meaning you have to do what I tell you to," he said with a smirk on his face.
I nearly vomited in my mouth, but managed to control myself.
"Get out," I said, "I have to get dressed."
"Oooh, can i stay?"
"FUCK OFF!" I yelled.
"Fine, Fine," he muttered as he left.
"Why me?" I sighed.

I went downstairs to get a drink when I met Elliot and my mother in the kitchen. While they sat at the table chatting, I opened the fridge door and grabbed the orange juice. As I poured it into my fairly large cup, something about my mother caught my attention. She had a purple bruise on her arm.
"Mom... what happened to your arm?"
She laughed nervously as she said, "Oh, that? Psh, I hit it on a pole outside while I was gardening. It was a silly accident," and she left the room.
"What did you do to her!?" I said to Elliot.
"Now why would you just assume it was me? It was an accident, didn't you hear her?" he said once again with that sly smirk on his face.
"If you don't tell me, i'll tell her what you did" I threatened.
"HA! And you think she'll believe you?" he laughed as he stood up and stormed towards me.
Grabbing my throat, he whispered in my ear, "Tell her, and i'll cut your throat."
"You're threatening me? Wow, very mature, Elliot. Just don't touch her again, and I won't tell her," I said.
"No guarantees," he laughed.

I knew I had to do something. Abusing me? Fine. But not my mother. She doesn't deserve this. I went over to Grace's house. I had to tell her. I needed help.
"Soo, what's up, Al?" she asked as she jumped on to her bed in front of me and crossed her legs.
"Umm..." I stuttered.
She gasped, "Wait, did he touch you again!?"
"Well, he always touches me, you know that. He's disgusting, and today he even watched me shower! I didn't notice until I got out... But..."
"What, Al?" questioned Grace.
"I think he hit Mom. There's a giant bruise on her wrist. She made up some lame excuse that it was from a gardening accident, but she was stuttering and shaking when she was trying to explain. She was definitely lying."
"WHAT!? Oh my God. I mean, I know he's a prick, but I truly believed he loved your Mom. You have to tell her now, Al, she'll believe you!" Grace demanded.
"But she's so happy... But he doesn't deserve her... But... I don't know what to say."

After I left Grace's house, I decided I had to tell my mother. I HAD to. I walked in. The house was silent; my other siblings were at my Dad's house for the week. I walked upstairs. Still silence, but then I heard footsteps. Elliot walked around the corner as I slipped in to my bedroom. He tried to walk in behind me, but I managed to break free and ran back the way I came. I had no idea where my mother was, but I rushed out the back door and sprinted across the fields... Oh my God... This was like my dream, except much MUCH more realistic... Maybe I can stop him from killing her! I hid behind the tree just like in the dream, and he ran right past me. I quickly fled back to the house and dashed upstairs. Briefly stopping in the kitchen, I opened a drawer and grabbed a knife. I charged into my mother's room prepared to protect my mother at any costs. I opened the door and charged in, only to find my mother sound asleep. "What..?" I whispered. I turned to see Elliot standing behind me. I felt a sharp pain hit me- Then I woke up...

I was surrounded by wires and machines, and there were drips in my arms. My mother was sitting next to me. She noticed I'd woken up and started screaming for the nurses. She smiled.
"DARLING! Oh my, you're awake!" she screamed.
"Where's Elliot!?" was the first thing that came out of my mouth.
"He's in the cafeteria getting coffee, why?"
"Mom, why haven't you got your engagement ring on!?"
"What? Me and Elliot aren't engaged! Well, not yet," she giggled.
"Mom whats the date today!?"
"It's May 8th, darling. Remember your bike accident? You were in a coma for a week"
"It was all a dream? Or was it..."
I fainted.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was my first story, I really hope some of you like it. Comments would be greatly appreciated because I have no idea if this is any good or not.
:)