Status: Completed.

Sometimes the Hardest Thing and the Right Thing Are the Same

How Interesting Sam Was

It's been a month since Sam and Frank met. They didn't meet for a lot of times. If they do, they didn't have much time to spend together because they were both busy with their jobs. They were so busy that they forgot to ask for each other's numbers.

Sam was in a bookstore right now; she was filling her time before her work at 4 PM. She traced her fingers through the books in the racks. She stopped when her fingers accidentally met another person's. She quickly pulled back her hand and said 'sorry' as she looked who was the person.

Frank.

"Hi," she grew a smile.

"Hey," Frank replied and dropped his hand to his side.

"Wow, we meet again."

"Is it a good thing or bad thing?"

"It's... It's a really good thing."

"We feel the same then. Do you have some time today?"

Sam glanced at her watch, and knew that she had 3 hours left before her next photo shoot. "Yeah, until 4 PM. Why?"

Frank put his hands inside his pockets, looked to his feet and asked, "We can drink some coffee, if you want..."

"Sure, why not?" Sam answered with a very friendly tone and smiled.

Frank looked at her and returned the smile. They left the bookstore together and started walking to Starbucks, which was 4 stores away. When they were in front of Starbucks, Frank opened the door for her and led her go in first. Sam smiled at him and said thanks, and replied with a nod. She walked in and followed by Frank, and stopped in front of the counter. They ordered their drinks and paid for it. They waited for a few moments until the drinks were done, they grabbed their drinks and sat on a table face-to-face.

"Your eyes are purple," Frank said.

"Ah, you realized that," Sam replied as she put some of her hair behind her ear. "They're contact lenses."

"What's your real eye color?"

"Brown."

"I think you're prettier without color contacts."

"Why thank you," she smiled and sipped her drink. "You're really sweet, like seriously."

Frank sipped his drink and said, "Really? I never think I'm sweet. I just say and do what I got in mind, that's all."

Sam smiled and drank her drink.

"Can I call you Smiley? You smile a lot."

"Sure, if that's what you want."

"Okay. Samantha Smiley. It's a cute name."

Sam looked down to her bag that on her lap to hide her face that was blushing. I'm starting to love this guy, she thought.

"Why are you looking down?" Frank asked.

She looked up and said, "Nothing."

"Frank do you have a girlfriend?"

"Nope."

Sam really wanted to smile but she successfully held it.

"Really?" she said in disbelief.

"Kidding, I have. A lot."

She hung her mouth open and eyes confused.

"Joking. I don't have any right now."

"That is nooooot funny!"

"How about you?"

"Nah."

"You're joking, right?"

"No."

"How—Damn, you're really interesting and no one dates you?"

"I haven't dated anyone in the last one year..." she confessed, a little bit shy.

"They're crazy! I mean, you're really gorgeous and beautiful and nice and friendly and kind and..." Frank stopped, realized that he babbled how interesting Sam was.

Sam stared at him blankly and said, "Uh.. Wow... Thanks.."

"I'm sorry I know you think I'm a freak."

"No, not at all. I personally think you're cute, honest, amazing..."

Frank tried to hide his smile, but he couldn't and he ended up smiling in disbelief.

"Can I have your number or something?" Frank dared himself to ask.

"Sure," Sam answered and she took out her sidekick and switched it with Frank's phone. She saved her number in Frank's phone and Frank saved his in Sam's sidekick. They switched back when they were done.

Frank took a look at his watch and said, "You still have 2 hours... Wanna take some walk to the park?"

"Okay," she answered.

They stood up from their seats and left Starbucks to the nearest park.
♠ ♠ ♠
oooh, the park!