‹ Prequel: One In A Million

Best Thing You Never Had

010.

Knock.Knock.

"Oh that's probably Sarina," Brendon said, getting up.

"Sarina?" I asked, wondering if Bren finally had a stable girlfriend. Brendon answered the door and there stood a girl with dark brown hair and blue eyes.

"Hi, Sarina!" Brendon squealed, hugging her. She laughed and hugged back. Fuck, I felt sorry for her. Bren was a nice guy, but he was always hyper as hell. "Sarina, this is Bailee. Bailee this is Sarina, my new girlfriend," Brendon introduced us, beaming slightly. After a few shy hellos, I had to hold back sighs. What was I doing there? Sure, Brendon had fixed me up and all - wow, that sounded wrong - but I was ruining his personal life. God, he could be fucking her all he wanted but no, I had to be there, didn't I? See how I managed to ruin everything for everyone? "Bailee, what should we do?" Bren asked me. I gave him a confused look, I hadn't been paying much attention at all. I was absorbed in my thoughts, again. "Do you want me to take you home?"

"I guess," I replied, nodding. I glanced down at my leg that was still slightly throbbing with shots of pain. Brendon stood up and helped me stumble towards the door.

"I'll be back in a bit, Sarina," brendon said as we left. He lifted me into the car. "What are we going to tell Ryan?" Bren asked as he was driving. Just then my phone rang and I opened the new text I had recieved.

From: Tommy <3
Message:
hey baby want 2 come over?


"Is that from Tommy?" Brendon asked, turning towards me. I nodded, shyly. "What did it say?"

"He wants me to come back over to his house," I admitted. There was no point in lying to Brendon anymore. I heard him mumble a few swear words under his breath and sigh a little louder.

"Please tell him no," Brendon pleaded, wanting to get himself concentrating on the road once more.

"Bren, I don't know what to tell him. He's still my boyfriend and I want to help him. And I obviously don't want him mad," I said. "Plus, I don't like lying to him. I don't like lying to anyone."

"Then, don't lie to him!" Brendon exclaimed. "Tell him how you're sick of his shit and braek up with him," He advised, angrilly. "How old is he anyway?"

"Errr....like...uh, seventeen," I muttered, looking down. Brendon glared at me in alarm, giving up on being the perfect motorist.

"Seventeen?" He screeched. "Bailee Lynn Ross, you are only fourteen! You shouldn't even be conversing with guys over 16!"

"Bren, you're like thirty or something," I reminded him with pursed lips.

"I'm your dad's friend."

"I thought you were my friend, too," I whispered, almost hurt by his choice of words.

"Oh, I am! Of course! I love you and care about oyu a lot, Bailee. That's why I'm doing this," Bren explained, pulling into the driveway. I got out and texted Tommy back, slowly.

"Tommy, I just don't think things are working out between us. Can we just stay friends? I'm not exactly...ready for a serious relationship yet, I'm only 14."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ya'll can bitch at me... this took forever, again. I'm sorry, I lost my notebook for like four days. =[

lol, I wrote this on the day of my PATD show. xD And when I decribed Sarina - a.k.a. me - I had dark brown hair then, not black like now. I dyed my hair the other day. Again. =D