‹ Prequel: One In A Million

Best Thing You Never Had

011.

“What happened?” My dad cried the minute Brendon and I walked into the door. I was obviously hurt; we couldn’t hide it. I glanced over at Brendon for an answer. We should have planned something.

“She fell walking home and I helped her. That’s all,” Brendon replied. I nodded in agreement. I hated lying but I wouldn’t have to deal with it anymore after this. Tommy hadn’t replied to my text yet.

“Oh,” My dad replied, pulling me into a small hug. “Are you okay, Bailee?” He asked. I nodded. “What hurts?”

“My leg,” I mumbled. Dad looked down and my mom rushed into the room.

“Oh Bailee! What happened, darling?” She screeched. We told her - the lie, of course - and she commanded me to go to bed. I agreed, thanked Brendon, and managed to climb up the stairs without hurting myself any worse. I heard Derrick in his room next door. It sounded like he was crying or something.

“Derrick, can I come in?” Brendon said, knocking on his door. He must of heard him crying too. They probably needed to have one of those father-son talks. As I was waiting for Derrick’s reply, I heard my phone ring, signaling a new text. I opened it up, slowly.

From: Tommy
Srsly? Ur breaking up w/ me? Baby, plx don’t do this. I luv u! I need u.


I sighed to myself. I was getting a tad angry. I knew what he ‘needed’. So I replied black,

Me? Ha. You mean you need the sex?

I felt a saucy attitude as I waited for his answer. I knew I would make him made just by confronting the problem with him. But honestly, I didn’t care. Brendon was right about everything even though I hadn’t told him the details. I kept trying to listen to Brendon and Derrick’s conversation. I failed. Instead my phone rang again.

From: Tommy
I’m sorry, Brooke. Plz forgive me?


Wow. I almost laughed at that. He admitted that he used me. I got even agrier with him.

Tommy, I think that it’s best we stay just friends for now. I’m only fourteen.

I sighed as there was a knock on the door. “Come in!” I called. Brendon walked in and shut the door.

“Everything okay?”

“KI was about to ask you the same thing,” I hissed back. Bren nodded, stiffly. “I broke up with him,” I whispered a few seconds later.

“Good for you, Brooke. I’m really proud of you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
omg. i found my notebook!!! haha. comments?
:]