‹ Prequel: One In A Million

Best Thing You Never Had

004.

I burst into the house, running into Derrick. "God, you got my shirt all wrinkly!" He exclaimed. I felt my anger rising and I pushed him, hard, against the wall.

"Shut up!" I screamed. "You think just because you're the younges your life has to be perfect! You think you get everything!"

"You think you're perfect!" Derrick shouted back. "I hate you! I hate this whole family!" That's what blew me up right there.

"I wish Brendon would have kept you! But he knew what a fucking brat you would be so he that's why he didn't want to keep you! He gave you to mom and dad! He just acts like he likes you because he feels sorry for you! No one ever wanted you! We all hate you too!" I spilled everything out. Derrick stared at me in a confused shock.

"Wh-What?" He asked, quietly. "What d-did you say?"

"I...." I whispered, not knowing what to say.

"B-Brendon?" Derrick stammered. Suddenly, my mom came into the room.

"What's going on?" She asked, scanning our expressions.

"B-Brendon?" Derrick repeated. "He's....my...d-dad?"

"What?" My mom screeched. Then, she looked at me. I ran upstairs as fast as I could.

"I'm l-leaving!" Derrick cried.

Brendon's POV

"Hey Derrick," I said, opening my front door. I took one look at his face and saw that something was wrong. "What's wrong?" I asked as he rushed inside my home. I shut the door and sat next to him on the couch. "Derrick?" He burst into tears. I pulled him close to me." Tell me what's wrong."

"W-why didn't you w-want m-me?" He whispered, suddenly. I peered into his purple eyes.

"W-What?" He couldn't be talking about what I thought he was. How would he know?

"Y-You're....my d-d-dad," Derrick cried. He kenew. I quickly felt myself beginning to cry too. "B=Brendon...d-do...you h-hate me?"

"No!" I said, holding onto my son, tight. "I l-love you more than anything in the world."

"W-Why didn't you w-want m-me?" He asked again.

"D-Derrick," I started. "Your mom and I..."

"Is m-my mom r-really my m-mom?" Derrick looked down.

"Yeah, she is," I answered, weakly.

"Tell m-me everything," He demanded. "I w-want to know." I thought for a minute, rubbing his back.

"I'm not r-read to tell y-you yet, D-Derrick."
♠ ♠ ♠
=D