What A Family Shouldn't Be

Chapter 18

Bob got up, opened the door and said “ Welcome, she's been expecting you.”

The man entered and said “ Hello, my name is Gerard Way. I am your teacher.”

I nodded and Gerard came in bringing with him books and notebooks and pencils and pens. I nodded and we began our lesson for the day. I got homework and I took a long thought into some of the math problems.

I finished the homework late at night and I began to yawn. I put away my homework into the books and I lay down on my bed. I covered up and I fell asleep. In the morning, Gerard came in and we went over the homework.

Gerard graded them and said “ Maryann, you are a smart girl.”

I blushed and said “ I always tried my hardest at things. So I never forgot some of the problems.”

Gerard nodded, went into his briefcase and pulled out a canvas.

Gerard said “ I brought some paints and I want you to paint something that will reflect what you felt for your family.”

I nodded, grabbed a paint brush and I squirted the red and black onto the board. I began to mix the colors and I painted different pictures into the the canvas.

Gerard watched me as I painted and saw I had a real talent for art. Gerard smiled as I finished.

Gerard said “ Maryann, you have a real talent here.”

I smiled and said “ Na, I'm okay.”

Gerard said “ Don't under estimate your talents. You are really good. Do you mind if I have a friend look at your painting?”

I said “ No, I don't care.”

Gerard nodded and began our class for the day.

After five years, I had finished my paintings and Gerard had them put into a gallery. Once I was released from the hospital, I went on to continue painting. Gerard got me a studio and I loved painting.

One day, Hima got out of school and Mack went to pick her up.

Mack said “ Hima, we got invited to a gallery opening.”

Hima smiled and said “ Yay, I get to see art works.”

Mack smiled, held Hima's hand and walked to his new dodge Nitro. Hima ran to the back seat and Mack helped her into her car seat. Mack drove home, started dinner and got out his nice suit. Hima finished eating, ran to her room and got out a long pink gown. Mack helped her dress and Hima smiled.

Mack smiled at Hima and Hima said “ Thanks, big bro.”

Mack smiled at Hima, kissed her cheek and they went to his car. Mack drove to the gallery, let Hima out and held her hand as he got out the passes.

Mack and Hima went in and looked around at the paintings. Mack looked at the paintings and thought these are wonderful.

A man said “ Hello, treasured guest. I am happy to introduce Gerard Way, founder of the artist.”

Gerard walked up to the podium and said “ Hello, I am Gerard Way. I am happy to present my star, Maryann Price. I first met her at a hospital and her talent has blossomed. I am proud to introduce Maryann Price.”

Everyone began to clap as I approached the podium.

I said “ I am happy that you all have come to my gallery opening. I am honored to have a wonderful mentor in Gerard and I am glad that everyone loves my paintings. I shall be over by “ My Life” painting if anyone would like to speak to me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
To my readers and subscribers