What A Family Shouldn't Be

Chapter 19

I walked over to my painting with Gerard and grabbed two glasses of champagne. A few people approached me and I spoke with them lightly about my painting.

Hima said “ Big brother, I'm getting sleepy.”

Mack said “ Just hold on a little longer.”

Hima pouted and Mack held her hand as he walked over to me.

I looked at Mack and I said “ Mack!”

Mack smiled, kissed my hand and said “ Hello, Maryann. It's been years since I last saw you.”

I nodded, looked at Hima and I looked at Mack amazed.

Mack looked at Hima and said “ Hima, this is your mother.”

Hima looked at me, remembered my face and asked “ Mommy?”

I hugged Hima and said “ My baby girl.”

Hima began to cry and said “ Mommy, come live with me.”

I blushed and Gerard said “ Hello.”

Mack smiled and said “ Hello, I'm Mack. I was Maryann's boyfriend.”

Gerard nodded, looked at Hima and said “ Now you see, you got better and got to see your daughter again.”

I began to cry and I said “ I know, you've grown so big now.”

Hima nodded and said “ Because Mack took care of me after his parents died.”

I looked at Mack, who looked away from my blue eyes.

Gerard asked “ Why don't you stick around? I know you must have a lot to talk about.”

Mack nodded and Hima held onto my legs.

I chuckled and I said “ Hima, you have to go with Mack right now. But I will see you later.”

Hima pouted and said “ Okay, mommy.”

I smiled and I watched Mack and Hima follow Gerard. After eleven, a lot of people had left and I went into the office to see Mack holding and sleeping Hima.

I said “ She has become so big.”

Mack nodded and said “ A little heavier too.”

I looked at Mack who said “ When I first held Hima, she was so light. I took her to the doctors and found out that Hima was twenty pounds underweight. So I got medicine and I helped by giving her nutritious meals. So she has gained the weight.”

I nodded and said “ I'm sorry. I was never really able to feed Hima, because my brothers or our father would always be in the room.”

Mack said “ Don't apologize, I know it's not your fault.”

I began to cry and I said “ I'm sorry.”

Mack shook his head and asked “ What happened to you back five years ago?”

I sighed and said, “ I had a mental breakdown. I grabbed my mothers gun, shot my mom, my older brother and our dad. I was going to shot Max but I froze.”

Mack looked at me, lay Hima onto the couch and hugged me.

I began to cry harder and said “ I couldn't kill him. I knew I just couldn't.”

Mack asked “ What stopped you?”

I looked at Hima and said “ Because Max is Hima's father.”

Mack looked at me and said “ Oh my god. He got you pregnant?”

I nodded and said “ Yes, it was either him or my dad. But I had Max before anyone else could get to me. So I knew he was her father.”
♠ ♠ ♠
To all my readers and subscribers