What A Family Shouldn't Be

Chapter 24

I began to cry and said “ Please, don't do this to me.”

The man said “ Shut up, bitch! I will do what I want with you.”

I began to cry and I tried to sneak my hand under my pillow. The man didn't catch me, not until I stabbed the man in the leg.

The man shouted “ You little bitch, I will shoot you!”

I said “ Go ahead, I have nothing to live for. I dare you, right here, in the temple.”

The man looked at me and I grabbed my cell phone. I called Ray, then Bob and Gerard. Within ten minutes, all of them were at my apartment with the police.

Bob embraced me and asked “ Are you all right?”

I said “ No, I want to kill myself right now.”

Bob nodded and said “ Go grab some clothes and we'll go to the hospital.

I said “ Hold on, I need to write to my boyfriend.” I wrote Mack a short message and I sealed it.

I gathered some clothes and I said “ Okay, let's go.”

I attached the letter to the mailbox and Bob drove me back to the sanitarium. In the morning, Mack drove Hima to school, drove to my apartment and saw the letter:

Mack,

I'm sorry I'm not here right now. I checked myself into a hospital. I was raped last night after you dropped me off. I'm sorry I couldn't be here to see you. I love you, never forget that, please, take care of Hima like you have been.

Maryann

At Va Medical, I was in my room crying my eyes out. Bob stood by the door and sighed.

Gerard asked “ How is she?”

Bob sighed and said, “ She is taking it really hard. This brought back memories of her past abuse.”

Gerard sighed and asked “ May I bring in some paints and board for her?”

Bob said “ Yeah, maybe it will help.”

Gerard nodded, left the hospital and returned with a canvas and dark paints.

Gerard opened the door and said “ Hello, Maryann.”

I looked at Gerard crying and I saw the canvas. I got up quickly, grabbed the black, red and brown and squirted it onto the canvas. I mixed the colors and I began to paint.

Gerard watched me as I cried as I painted and I asked “ Do you have a yellow?”

Gerard nodded, gave me the yellow and I squirted it onto the canvas. Gerard looked and saw I painted a dark figure. I took the dark blue, squirted it and I drew an X over the figure.

Gerard took the canvas and said “ What an excellent job. What do you call this one?”

I said “ The Hell in My Life.”

Gerard nodded, had me sign it and left me alone. At lunch, Frank brought in my tray and left me alone with it. I looked towards the tray and saw plastic forks, spoons, and a knife. I got up, broke a fork and began cutting at my wrist.

When Frank came to check on me, I was passed out on my bed and I was still bleeding onto the floor. Frank pressed the alarm, ran in and tried to wake me up. Bob and Gerard ran into my room, looked at me shocked and got a gurney. Gerard and Bob rushed me to the hospital where they gave me an iv and blood.

Mack drove to the hospital and asked “ May I see Maryann Price?”

Gerard came out and said “ I'm sorry, but you can't.”

Mack asked “ Why can't I see my girlfriend?”

Gerard sighed and said, “ Son, Maryann just tried to kill herself. She is unconscious at the moment.”

Mack looked at Gerard shocked and said “ I want to see her.”

Gerard said “ I can't, not until she wakes up.”

Mack said “ Then I will call to check on her.”

Gerard nodded and watched Mack leave. Mack drove back home, sat on the couch and cried. Mack thought Maryann, why did you do this? Was it so bad to make you want to take your life? Mack sighed, got dressed for work in a suit and left the apartment. Once Mack got in, he looked through his cases and sighed. At three, Mack left work and picked up Hima. Mack looked at Hima and saw her crying.

Mack asked “ Hima, what's wrong, baby?”

Hima sniffled and said “ Mack, someone touched me.”

Mack looked at Hima, got her into the car seat, got into the front seat and drove to the hospital. Mack told the attendant that Hima was touched and they took Hima into the back room.
♠ ♠ ♠
To all my readers and subscribers