What A Family Shouldn't Be

Chapter 28

Mack drove me home and I went inside to paint. I got out my pinks, yellows and greens. I began to paint and Mack smiled at me.

Mack kissed my lips and said “ I will see you later.”

I nodded and watched as Mack left. I finished painting, grabbed my cell phone and called my doctor.

The secretary said “ Maryann, he has an opening in an hour, would you like to come in?”

I nodded and said “ Yes, I would.”

I got dressed, grabbed my car keys and I drove to the office.

Once there, my doctor asked “ Maryann, what's wrong?”

I said “ Well, I lost my baby, it died during labor. I want to get checked make sure nothing is wrong with me.”

My doctor nodded, had me undress from the hips down and I lay onto the table. I placed my feet into the stirrups and I got comfortable. My doctor came back in, grabbed three swabs and began to swipe my vagina.

I felt weird and I said “ It burns!”

My doctor looked at me shocked and said “ Maryann, I think you might have something.”

I began to cry and asked “ Why me?”

My doctor put the samples into a test tube and said “ I shall give you a call in a week if anything comes up.”

I nodded, got off the table as he left and I redressed. I sighed and I thought oh god, please don't let it be anything bad. I went down to the garage, got my car, paid for the exit and I drove home. I got home, pulled out another canvas and I began to draw fire. I began to cry as I painted and Mack came home. Mack looked at me as I cried and hugged me close.

Mack asked “ Baby, what's wrong?”

I sniffled and said “ I was burning as my doctor examined me. Mack, you need to get checked.”

Mack looked at me shocked and said “ I will make the appointment.”

I nodded and continued painting.

Mack left the house to get Hima and saw her crying.

Mack asked “ Hima, what's wrong baby?”

Hima said “ Daddy, someone made fun of me.”

Mack asked “ What did they say?”

Hima said “ He called me a good for nothing whore.”

Mack embraced Hima and said “ Don't listen to him, they are just kids.”

Hima nodded and said “ I want to see mommy.”

Mack nodded, helped Hima into her car seat and shut the door. Mack went into the drivers side, opened the door and buckled in. Mack started the Nitro, pulled out of the parking lot and drove home.

Hima ran up into the house, saw me crying and asked “ Mommy, what's wrong?”

I shook my head and said “ It's nothing to worry you about.”

Hima sighed, hugged me and rubbed my back.

I smiled at Hima, held her close and said “ Let's go down to do homework.”

Hima nodded and we walked to the study. Hima brought out her notebooks, lay them onto the table and we did her homework. The following week, my doctor called my cell.

My doctor said “ Maryann, you need to come into my office, now.”

I asked “ What's wrong?”

My doctor said “ I can't tell you over the phone, please come to my office.”

I said “ All right, be there soon.”

I put on my black jeans, a red top, white socks and my black sneakers. I got out of the apartment, locked the door and walked over to my jeep. I unlocked the car, got into the drivers side and drove to my doctors office.

Once I arrived, the nurse quickly took me into a room. I looked around and my doctor came in.

My doctor said “ Maryann, I have bad news.”

I asked “ Do I have something?”

My doctor nodded and said “ Maryann, you have chlamydia.”

I looked at my doctor shocked and asked “ Who did I get it from?”

My doctor said “ We tested your brother Kyle Jr, he gave it to you.”

I asked “ Can it be passed on to the children?”

My doctor said “ Their could be a slight chance. I wrote a prescription for the antibiotic you have to take. Please, get Hima and Mack tested.”

I nodded and said “ Trust me, I will.”

I left the office, went to the pharmacy and waited for my prescription. Once I got it, I drove home, locked myself into the bathroom and put on the vaginal cream.

I began to cry and I thought Jr, if you were still alive, I'd kill you all over again. I walked into my studio, pulled out a new canvas, my really dark paints and I began painting. Mack and Hima came home together and I looked at Mack upset.

Mack asked “ What's wrong, baby?”

I said “ Mack, I have chlamydia.”

Mack looked at me shocked, looked at Hima and I said “ Tomorrow, go get checked, the both of you.”

Mack nodded and said “ I'll go to the clinic after work with Hima.”

I nodded and said “ Please, for me.”

Hima embraced me, kissed my cheek and went to the studio to do her homework.

In the morning, Hima got dressed, waited for Mack and they left the house together. I sat down watched videos of Hima as a toddler and noticed she would always call for her mama.

I began to cry and I said “ I'm so sorry.”

I got dressed, grabbed my purse and went to the pool. I swam around for hours since I knew Mack and Hima were at the clinic. I drove home and I saw Hima crying.

I asked “ What's wrong?”

Mack said “ Maryann, I don't have it.”

I looked at Hima shocked and I said “ Please, not my little girl.”

Mack sighed, nodded and held me as I fainted. Mack lay me onto the couch and Hima looked at me scared.

Mack sat next to me until I woke up and held me close.

I began to cry and asked “ Will she be treated?”

Mack nodded and said “ The doctor gave her pills since it is in her blood. Says it shall be fine within three months.”

I nodded, looked at Hima and I called her to me. Hima ran up to me, began crying and hugged me tight.

I said “ I'm so sorry.”

Hima shook her head and said “ Mommy, it's not your fault.”

I sighed, kissed Hima's head and I held her close.

Mack held me close and I asked “ Why don't you guys go out to eat. I'll be here when you get back.”

Mack kissed my head, held Hima's hand and left the apartment. I grabbed my sleeping pills, locked our bedroom door and began to drink the bottle.
♠ ♠ ♠
To my readers and subscribers