What A Family Shouldn't Be

Chapter 3

Mack looked at them, glared and said “ Maryann, don't worry.”

I sighed and we walked to the lunch line. Mack got his first, waited for me and we walked to a table.

Mack sat across from me and said “ I hate the way everyone treats you. Why do they do that?”

I said “ Because Jen saw my arms.”

Mack looked at me questioning and someone threw a sandwich at me. Mack turned and saw Jen, Harold and James laughing.

Mack sighed, took my hand and said “

Maryann, I'm so sorry.” I said “ Please, don't apologize for them. I'm used to be treated like this.”

Mack held up my hand, kissed it and asked “ Maryann, will you go out with me?”

I looked at Mack amazed and I asked “ Are you sure?”

Mack smiled and said “ I've never been more sure in my life.”

I blushed and I said “ Yes, I will go out with you.”

Mack smiled and said “ Let's go out to dinner tonight.”

I nodded and said “ All right, it's a deal.”

Mack blushed darker and smiled at me. I smiled and the bell rang. Mack and I walked to our new class and unfortunately is was health.

The teacher, Mrs. Merck, said “ Class, I want for you to pair up. I have an assignment I want you guys to have.”

Mack quickly sat next to me and the teacher brought out baby dolls.

She explained to us about the computer inside and said “ Class, I want for you to care for these babies as if was you own. Feed it, change it and play with it. The assignment will last for five months.”

Mack smiled at me as she handed us our baby and I blushed.

Mack said “ We have a baby to take care of.”

I nodded and said “ It's so cute.”

Mack smiled and we got a baby carrier. Mack and I split for our last class and I felt strange. Jen and Harold were both in my class and I sighed.

Jen walked up to me and asked “ Why is Mack so wrapped around you?”

I looked down and said “ We are going out.”

Jen looked at me, laughed and said “ With the Emo, how funny.”

I looked down and class began. Harold kept throwing paper balls at my head whenever the teacher turned away from us.

After class, Mack met me at my locker and said “ Hi, baby.”

I smiled and took the doll. I asked “ Has she been behaving?”

Mack chuckled and said “ Yes, she woke up a few times but it was nothing.”

I smiled and the doll began to cry again. I patted her bottom, stuck in my key and I turned it. The baby calmed down and Mack took me to his car. I buckled in the doll and Mack drove to a restaurant. I smiled and watched Mack get the doll. We walked in and ordered dinner.

I smiled and said “ Thank you, Mack. I didn't think a popular boy would ever like me.”

Mack looked at me, held my hands and said “ Maryann, I love you. I have for the past two years in high school. I couldn't stop my feelings for you.”

I blushed and the waiter arrived with our food.

Mack smiled at me and said “ Enjoy, Maryann.”

I smiled and the doll began to cry again. Mack lifted the doll and rocked her gently. The doll stopped crying and we resumed eating.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it may seem boring at first, but eventually it does get better