What A Family Shouldn't Be

Chapter 30

Hima quickly went into the school, ran to her class and sighed as she saw Jay. Jay smiled at Hima and signaled for her to join him. Hima took a seat next to Jay and the science teacher began class.

Once school was over, Jay asked “ Want to come over to my place?”

Hima said “ Jay, I can't. I'm grounded for the rest of the week.”

Jay asked “ Why, did your dad punish you?”

Hima nodded and said “ Because I didn't return his phone calls and got home late this morning.”

Jay nodded, kissed Hima's lips and drove Hima home. Hima kissed Jay's lips, got out of the car and walked up to the house.

Mack smiled at Hima and said “ I'm so happy.”

Hima asked “ What's going on, dad?”

Mack said “ Hima, your mother woke up today. Eight long years of waiting and she finally woke up.”

Hima hugged Mack, grabbed her bag and said “ Let's go see mom.”

Mack nodded, grabbed the car keys and they both went to his nitro.

Mack and Hima walked to his nitro, buckled in and drove to the hospital. Mack and Hima entered my room and they saw I was on oxygen.

Mack said “ Hello, sleeping beauty.”

I looked away and Hima hugged me.

Hima said “ Mom, I'm so happy that you're awake. I missed you so much the last eight years.”

I looked at Hima shocked, looked at Mack, who nodded his agreement.

I began to cry and Mack said “ Maryann, it's okay, you're awake now and that's all I wanted.”

I croaked saying “ I wish I would have died.”

Hima looked at me shocked, slapped my face and said “ I would never forgive you. I need my mom with me. Do you know how awkward it is for Mack to tell me about a period?”

I looked at Hima crying and I said “ I'm sorry.”

Mack said “ Maryann, we both need you in ours lives. Nothing in the past is your fault. But what decisions you made are.”

I looked away from Hima's angry face and I said “ I'm sorry.”

Hima said “ You better be, I can't live without my mom. I prayed that you would come back to us.”

I looked into Hima's eyes and I called her to me.

Hima held me close and said “ I love you, mom. I can't live without you.”

I nodded and said “ I'm sorry.”

Bob entered the room and said “ Welcome back to earth, Maryann.”

I sighed, looked at Bob and nodded. Bob said “ We shall move you by five this evening.”

Mack said “ Tell me which clinic so I can go see her.”

Bob nodded and said “ All right.”

So at five, they took me back to VA Medical Center. I looked at my bed, lay down and I fell asleep. After three months, Hima began to feel weird.

Jay drove Hima to the lake and asked “ Baby, what's wrong? I know your mother is all right.”

Hima looked down, up into Jay's eyes and said “ Jay, I think I'm pregnant.”

Jay looked at Hima shocked, drove to a pharmacy and bought a test. Jay drove to his house, let Hima into the bathroom and waited. After five minutes, Hima came out of the bathroom crying.

Jay hugged her and said “ Oh god, Hima. I'm so sorry.”

Hima shook her head and said “ No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have drunk so much.”

Jay said “ It's both out faults, let's go to the free clinic.”

Hima nodded, got into his Porsche and Jay drove to his house. Hima took a seat in the kitchen as Jay made coffee. Hima smelled the coffee, felt sick and ran to the bathroom to puke.

Jay asked “ Hima, are you all right?”

Hima flushed the toilet and said “ Please, get me some water.”

Jay nodded, walked to the fridge, pulled out a bottle of water and handed it to Hima.

Hima drank the water and said “ Thank you.”

Jay looked down and said “ Hima, I have to break up with you.”

Hima looked at Jay shocked and asked “ But why?”

Jay said “ I know I got you pregnant, I'll take responsibility, but I am looking to go out with another girl.”

Hima looked into Jay's eyes crying, dropped the bottle and ran out of Jay's house. Hima came across the free clinic, signed up and waited. Once she was seen by a doctor, the doctor gave Hima a prescription for prenatal and iron. Hima walked home and Mack hugged her.

Mack said “ I've been so worried about you. Jay told me you ran out of his house.”

Hima said “ He's an asshole. He dumped me.”

Mack asked “ What's wrong about that?”

Hima said “ Dad, I'm pregnant.”

Mack looked at Hima shocked and said “ Baby, I'm so sorry.”

Hima shook her head and said “ I brought this upon myself.”

Mack held Hima and said “ Let's go see your mom.”

Hima nodded, grabbed her purse and Mack drove to the sanitarium.
♠ ♠ ♠
To my readers and subscribers