What A Family Shouldn't Be

Chapter 33

Bob said “ I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't have touched her in the first place.”

Mack shook his head, went to his car and drove to a bar. Hima was at home waiting for Mack, but he never came home. In the morning, Hima got dressed, grabbed her backpack and walked to school.

Jay saw Hima, looked at her belly and said “ Hi, Hima.”

Hima said “ Don't talk to me.”

Jay's new girlfriend looked at Hima, at Jay and gasped.

Hima asked “ What? Are you just now realizing the he left me for you?”

The girl looked at Hima shocked, looked at Jay, who turned away. She said “ Jay, I'm breaking up with you. How could you not tell me she was pregnant?”

Jay sighed, looked away and left. Hima walked to her locker, put in her backpack and grabbed her math supplies.

After school, Jay went up to Hima and said “ Hima, please, have an abortion.”

Hima smacked Jay across the face and said “ I will not abort my daughter because of you. I can't wait till I give birth.”

Jay questioned “ Daughter?”

Hima nodded and said “ I'm having a girl.”

Jay watched Hima walk away and thought shit, what am I going to do now? Hima took the bus home, looked at Mack and embraced him.

Hima asked “ Dad, where's mom?”

Mack said “ Oh Hima, your mom left.”

Hima looked at Mack shocked, began to cry and sat on the couch right next to Mack.

Mack held Hima close, kissed her cheek and said “ It's going to be all right.”

Hima shook her head and said “ No, it isn't going to be all right. I'm having my daughter without my mom.”

Mack held Hima close and said “ I'm so sorry. I wish your mom would have stayed.”

Hima said “ I wish that too, I'm going to miss her so much.”

Mack nodded and said “ I know, I will too.”

Hima sighed, grabbed her backpack and went to the study to do her homework. Mack pulled out a few chicken thighs, seasoned them and turned on the oven. Mack sighed, grabbed a baking sheet and sprayed it with non-stick spray. Mack placed the thighs on the sheet, placed it into the oven and set the timer. Mack pulled out a box of mac and cheese, pulled out a pot and began to boil the water.

It took me two days to reach Cape Coral, Florida. I looked around and I got a two bedroom condo. I paid for the condo and I went out and I got furniture. I drove to Badcock furniture and I got a three piece living room set, a four bedroom piece set in queen, a three piece dinette set, a convertible crib, a crib posturized mattress, a three drawer changing table, and a four drawer dresser for the baby. For the office, I got an oak computer desk and hutch, a deluxe office chair, an entertainment set for the living room area and a magnavox/phillips Hd lcd. I paid and I drove to best buy. I looked around, got a gateway desktop with the works. I got a vacuum cleaner, got a cordless telephone, and a dvd camcorder. I paid and I drove over to hhgregg. I looked around and picked a perfect sleeper queen sized mattress. I paid and I handed them my address for the condo.

I drove to publix and I went around buying the necessary things to eat. I paid fifty for my groceries and I drove to the condo. I put away my things and I fell asleep on the floor. In the morning, all of my furniture arrived and I directed the furniture around the condo. Once the clock struck three, I called around. I called electric, got that started, I called another company for cable and Internet, called the gas company, got that turned on, and I called my cell phone company, switched my number, got a new plan and I lay on the couch. I looked at the ceiling and I felt empty. I began to think and Mack came into my mind, along with Hima.

I grabbed my house phone, dialed Hima's number and it rang.

Hima heard her cell phone ring and picked up saying “ Hello, Hima speaking.”

I smiled and said “ Hello, Hima. How is my baby girl?”

Hima began to cry and looked at Mack. Hima asked “ Mommy, why did you leave us? We need you, I need you.”

I began to cry and said “ Baby, I'm so sorry. I know I did wrong and I couldn't take hurting you or Mack.”

Hima said “ Mom, you hurt us more leaving us alone.”

Mack began to cry and Hima said “ Mom, come back home.”

I said “ I can't right now, Hima. Maybe after a while I will go see you both. Tell Mack not to hold back and find someone else to marry.”

Hima said “ I'll tell him.”

I hung up the phone and I began to bawl out my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
To my readers and subscribers