What A Family Shouldn't Be

Chapter 36

Hima began to think and asked “ Mom, would you be happy if I aborted the baby?”

I said “ No, I don't want you to do it because of me.”

Hima sighed, nodded and held her small belly. Mack came back in an hour, handed me the paper and I looked. I found a two bedroom condo and I called the number. I set up the appointment to see it in the morning and I smiled.

Mack looked at me upset and I asked “ So, when are you getting married?”

Mack said “ Maryann, you know I don't want to marry Hima.”

I said “ So, you stuck it in and that was the last of us.” Mack looked at me and began to cry again. I said “ Tomorrow, you can go out and look for the ring.”

Mack sighed, looked away from me and looked at Hima.

Hima sighed and Mack said “ Hima, I guess I can give you this.”

Mack pulled out a two carat diamond and said “ I know it will fit you. You're the same size as your mom.”

I looked away as Mack placed the ring on Hima and I said “ Well, I'm going to go. I need to rent a hotel room.”

Mack sighed, got up, kissed Hima's lips and I heard her moan. I looked away from them, waited for Mack to get Heather and we went down to his car. Mack drove me to a hotel and I grabbed my suitcases and walked in.

Mack got out and said “ See you tomorrow.”

I nodded and I walked away as Mack tried to hug me. Mack sighed, got back into the car and drove home.

Mack went inside with Heather, fed Heather and then put her to bed. Mack went into his bedroom, looked through photo albums and saw how happy we were together. Mack began to cry, put away the photo album and lay in his bed. Over at the hotel, I rented a room, got the key and took the elevator up to the fourth floor. I unlocked the room, grabbed the suitcases and went into the room. I placed the suitcases on the side, lay Jr on a bed and I locked myself in the bathroom. I pulled out one of my new blades and I began to cut at my wrist. Once the holes stopped bleeding, I washed them, put on a bandage and I went and lay next to Jr.

In the morning, Mack came to pick me up, drove me to the condos and I met with the owner. I was led to the condo, went inside and I looked around.

I said “ Let me sign and I'll write you a check.”

The owner nodded, handed me the keys and we walked to his office. After everything was done, Mack drove me to the hospital. I saw Hima getting dressed and I sat in the corner.

Hima said “ Mom, please, don't be angry at us.”

I said “ I'm not angry, I'm hurt. But it doesn't matter, this isn't about me anymore.”

Hima sighed, nodded and finished putting on her pants. Mack held Heather as Hima finished and we all left.

Mack said “ Come on, let's go out to eat.”

I asked “ Can you watch Jr, I need to go do something.”

Mack sighed, nodded and Hima got Jr. I left them standing at the hospital room and I called a cab. I took the cab to a furniture store where I bought new things for my condo. At six that evening, Mack and Hima wondered where I was at.

Jr began to cry and said “ Momma.”

Hima said “ It's okay, she'll come get you.”

Jr began to cry harder and yelled “ Momma!”

Mack lifted up Jr, rocked him and said “ She'll be back.”

Jr sniffled, looked around and began to cry again.

Mack said “ It's okay, Jr.”

Jr lay his head on Mack's shoulder and fell asleep. Mack smiled, lay Jr in the play pen and sighed.

Hima said “ Well, Mack, we are going to have to get another crib.”

Mack asked “ No abortion?”

Hima shook her head and said “ Mom says she doesn't want me doing just because of her. So I'm going to have your baby.”

Mack nodded, went into the kitchen and made dinner. At nine that night, I took a cab to Mack's house. I knocked on the door and Hima ran down to open the door.

Hima asked “ Where have you been?”

I said “ Getting the furniture to my condo. Is Jr ready to go?”

Hima said “ Mom, stay, eat dinner.”

I said “ I'm sorry, the cab is waiting.”

Hima looked out, saw the cab and sighed.

Hima went in, grabbed Jr and brought him to me.

Jr smiled at me, hugged me and said “ Momma.”

I smiled and said “ My little boy.”

Hima looked at me sad and asked “ Could you come over tomorrow?”

I said “ Tomorrow I have to go find a job.”

Hima said “ Mom, Gerard said you can go back and go back to painting.”

I said “ Thank you for telling me.”

Hima nodded, looked at Heather and lifted her off of the floor. Hima walked into the kitchen, served Heather some cereal and watched Heather eat.

I said “ Well, I'm going to get going.”

Mack said “ Let me drive you.”

I said “ No, the cab is waiting.”

I held Jr, walked out of Mack's house and I took the cab to the condo. Once at the condo, I paid the cab driver, grabbed my keys and I walked up to the door. I unlocked the door, got in and I locked the door behind me. I went into Jr's room, lay him into his bed and I walked to my room. I sat on my bed and began crying. I began to think about all the good times that Mack and I had shared.
♠ ♠ ♠
To my readers and subscribers