What A Family Shouldn't Be

Chapter 4

Mack drove me to the lake and asked “ Maryann, what did Jen see?”

I sighed and said, “ Mack, I'm a cutter.”

Mack looked at me as I took off the arm covers and asked “ Why do you cut?”

I looked away and said “ My mom beats me.”

Mack looked at me shocked and asked “ But why does she do that?”

I said “ Because she was raped and got pregnant with me.”

Mack said “ Still, she shouldn't treat you like that.”

I said “ I know, but she feels happy when she does.”

Mack sighed and said, “ Maryann, I'm so sorry.”

I shook my head and said “ It's okay, I will live.”

Mack looked at me sad and said “ Maryann.”

I looked at Mack and Mack kissed my lips. I moaned softly and Mack deepened our kiss.

The doll began to cry and I chuckled. I grabbed the doll and I fed it with the key. Mack put the doll back into the carrier and resumed kissing me.

Mack said “ Let's go into my car.”

I nodded, grabbed the baby carrier and we walked to his car. Mack put the baby in the front and we sat in the back. Mack and I began to make out and Mack began to touch me. I blushed and moaned as Mack fondled my nipple.

Mack smiled at me and I asked “ Mack, is this some dare you have going with them?”

Mack looked at me and said “ Of course not.”

I looked Mack in the eyes and I got out of the car.

Mack followed and asked “ What's wrong?”

I said “ Please, take me home.”

Mack sighed, nodded and he drove me home.

Mack asked “ Maryann, what did you see?”

I said “ I saw the truth in your eyes, I'm sorry, but I can't go out with you.”

Mack sighed, nodded and pulled up to my house. I grabbed the baby carrier and walked inside.

Mom said “ Hello, Maryann.”

I sighed, grabbed my things and ran up to my room. The doll began crying and I rocked her gently. I sighed and I decided to call it a night. In the morning, I got dressed and I carried the baby to school. I walked to my locker and I sighed as I saw a note.

I opened it and Mack said : Please see me, I need to talk with you.

I thought yeah right, no way. I went to class and I avoided all conversation with Mack.

Mack sighed and thought shit, I messed up big.

Mack followed me after school and said “ Maryann.”

I looked at him and asked “ What do you want?”

Mack said “ Please, forgive me. I did ask you out as a dare, but I want to get to know you better.”

I said “ Mack, save your pity for another girl. I have no interest in going out with you or anything for that matter.”

Mack asked “ Can I at least have the baby tonight?”

I handed Mack the carrier and I walked away. Once I got home, Mom grabbed me, chained me in the spare bedroom and smiled. Mom went into the closet, pulled out toys and smiled.