What A Family Shouldn't Be

Chapter 41

Gerard said “ Don't worry about it, just take care of Hima like you should.”

Mack sighed, hung up the call and looked at Hima, who was playing with Heather. Mack walked over to them, helped Hima stand up and hugged her.

Hima looked at Mack and asked “ What's wrong?”

Mack said “ I think that Gerard is going to marry your mother.”

Hima said “ Well, honey, mom needs a man in her life, someone she can go to when she needs help.”

Mack nodded, sighed into Hima's hair and said “ I know.”

I walked down into the kitchen and saw Gerard making lunch.

I asked “ Why did you leave me?”

Gerard said “ I had to find out something.”

I asked “ Did you get what you needed?”

Gerard smiled, kissed my lips and said “ Yes, I did get what I needed.”

I nodded, walked back upstairs, grabbed a towel and decided to take a shower. I walked into the bathroom, turned on the water and filled the bathtub. I put in bath beads and I waited five minutes. Once the tub was filled, I sat into the tub and I relaxed as the warm water covered my body. I lay my hand onto my flat tummy and I began to think. I thought about Mack, how hurt he looked when I told him to marry Hima. How Mack felt so ashamed to have slept with Hima. How Mack began to regret touching my daughter. I sighed, shook my head to try to get those images out of my mind. I had to remember that Mack was not mine anymore, I don't even belong to Mack any longer.

Who I did belong to right now was Gerard, but who knows how long that would be. I sighed, grabbed the soap and I washed my body. I felt as if I had to scrub something off of my body. But I knew that their was nothing on my skin to make me feel this way. I guess growing up, having my father and brothers rape me, then going on to have sexual relations with four other men, the guy who raped me, Mack, Bob and now Gerard. I began to cry as I felt like a whore and I knew that I was dirty. Marked as a whore, something slapped onto my head. I guess the message was saying Hi, I”m Maryann, want to have sex? I began to cry harder and I put my head under the water. I felt as if I was going to blank out without oxygen. After a few minutes, I passed out and Gerard came into the bathroom.

Gerard looked at my body in the water, gasped and pulled me out of the water. Gerard dried off my body, tried to wake me, with a very sad attempt. Gerard grabbed some of my clothes, dressed my body and got dressed. Gerard grabbed his cell phone and called emergency. Gerard gave the officer the mansion location and carried my body downstairs. Gerard looked at my body and knew that I was still breathing, slowly, but surely. Gerard began to cry to know that I tried killing myself again. Gerard feared that his soon to be fiance wanted to die. That something drove me to the edge of death.

Gerard walked to the playpen, lifted Jr and lay Jr onto the chair outside. Gerard carried my body out and lay me next to Jr. The ambulance came with the sirens going and Jr woke up.

Gerard held Jr and said “ It's okay.”

Jr looked at me, saw I didn't wake and began to cry. Gerard held Jr knowing what Jr was crying about and spoke to a paramedic. Gerard told them about my past attempts and watched as I was put on oxygen. Gerard got into the back with Jr and road to the hospital with me. Gerard began to pray and asked for me to live. Once at the hospital, doctors got the water out of my lungs, hooked me up to an iv and sighed.

Bob walked over to Gerard and asked “ What happened to Maryann?”

Gerard said “ She tried drowning herself.”

Bob said “ I'm so sorry.”

Gerard said “ My new girl and she tried doing this, why would she do that to me?”

Bob looked at Gerard shocked to know that we were together and said “ I think Maryann thought she was a whore. I mean, first she had three people of her family rape her. Gets raped again by that bum and then had sex with me, Mack and now you.”

Gerard thought about it and knew Bob was right, I felt like if I was a whore.

Gerard began to cry and said “ I don't want to lose her. She means the world to me and I know our baby will never be born if Maryann did die.”

Bob looked at Gerard shocked and questioned “ Baby?”

Gerard nodded and said “ Yes, my baby, a little one that shows our love.”

Bob looked away from Gerard's eyes hurt.

Gerard held Jr as Jr cried and knew that I wouldn't be the same.

After two hours, Dr. Richards walked over to Gerard and asked “ Price?”

Gerard got up holding Jr, ran to the doctor and asked “ How is Maryann?”

Dr. Richards said “ Maryann will be just fine. She did not have a lot of water in her lungs, but the strain of no oxygen made Maryann pass out. I think Maryann shall be here for a while, I mean, once she wakes, she will be moved to the mental ward.”

Gerard nodded, sighed as I was going to be all right and left the hospital with Jr. Gerard got to his car, buckled in Jr and drove to his house.

Jr began to cry and said “ Hungry.”

Gerard smiled, let Jr out of his seat and carried Jr inside.

Jr looked around the house and felt as if he was at home. Jr quickly scurried from Gerard's grasp, walked to the living room and laid onto the couch. Gerard chuckled, walked into the kitchen and made spaghetti for lunch. Jr smiled, walked into the kitchen and watched as Gerard moved around the kitchen getting supplies. Gerard smiled as Jr began to giggle and knew that he loved Jr. Jr smiled, got up and walked over to Gerard. Gerard felt Jr take a tight grip on his leg and saw Jr asleep on his left leg. Gerard smiled, picked up Jr and carried Jr into the play room. Gerard lay Jr into the playpen and walked back into the kitchen.

Jr took a twenty minute nap and began to fuss as he wanted out of the playpen.

Gerard smiled, walked into the playroom and said “ Lunch is ready.”

Jr smiled showing his baby teeth and Gerard chuckled as he lifted Jr out of the playpen. Jr smiled, hugged Gerard and got comfortable. Gerard smiled, kissed Jr's head and went into the kitchen. Jr looked towards the table, smiled and quickly scurried from Gerard's arms. Gerard smiled, lifted Jr into his highchair and fed Jr. Jr smiled, quickly ate his spaghetti and smiled. Gerard smiled at Jr, handed Jr a bottle of milk and began to eat his lunch. After an hour, Jr didn't tell Gerard when he had to go potty, so Jr ended up peeing on himself. Gerard chuckled, grabbed a towel and took Jr into the bathroom. Gerard filled the tub, put in bubbles and removed Jr's clothes.
♠ ♠ ♠
To all my readers and subscribers