What A Family Shouldn't Be

Chapter 50

Bob embraced me, touched my belly and said “ Wow, I can't believe I got you pregnant again.”

I chuckled, smiled and said “ Well, Mr. Bryar, you are going to be a dad again.”

Bob began to cry, just thinking about how he only had one child before, now going to be three. Bob smiled at me, looked at me and said “ I am so lucky, you are going to be giving me another two babies that are mine.”

I hugged Bob and said “ Yours and only yours.”

Bob smiled, kissed my lips and I said “ I'm kind of hungry.”

Dr. Hughes came back into my room, handed me two scripts for medication and I thanked Dr. Hughes.

I pulled the curtain closed, put on my clothes and I said “ Come on, baby, let's go eat something.”

Bob chuckled, smiled at me and nodded. Bob held my hand as we walked out to the car, looked at me and kissed my lips.

Bob said “ I feel so lucky right now. Wow, twins.”

I smiled and said “ Well, at least you know you're not living a lie.”

Bob looked at me, smiled and said “ So true.”

I smiled, kissed Bob's lips and Bob pulled me closer to his body.

I smiled, looked at Bob and said “ I want a double cheese burger and a large fry.”

Bob chuckled, nodded and unlocked the car doors. I got into the car, waited and Bob drove over to Burger King. Bob ordered two meals on double cheese burgers and got diet coke with both meals. I smiled, handed Bob the money and we sat out in the parking lot to eat.

I took a bite of my double cheese burger, moaned and said “ Oh this taste wonderful.”

Bob kissed my cheek, smiled at me and said “ Enjoy.”

I smiled, kept eating and I saw a pharmacy. I looked at it, told Bob and Bob pulled up to the pharmacy. We both went inside, got my prescriptions taken and we waited an hour. Once I got my pills, I drank them and I began to feel better.

Bob smiled, drove back to our hotel and said “ You go on up and rest, I'm going to get my swimming trunks.”

I nodded, took the key card and went to the elevator with Bob. Bob pressed up, got into the elevator and we went up to our floor. Once at our room, I unlocked the door and saw a cleaning lady fixing our bed. I smiled, looked around and I saw that she had cleaned a lot of the room.

Bob smiled, pulled out his trunks and went into the bathroom. Bob quickly changed, grabbed a towel and went out to the pool. I watched as Bob and the cleaning lady left, lay onto the bed and I placed my hand onto my belly. I smiled, closed my eyes and began to think. I began to think about Hima, how she had two little boys, Mack Jr and George. I began to think of my twins and how awkward I had been feeling for the past three months. I began to think and I felt as if I was having a boy and a girl. I got up, walked into the bathroom and I filled the bathtub. I put in bubbles, unclothed and I got into the tub. I lay my head onto the tub, closed my eyes and I felt so happy.

Bob came back up to our room, opened the door and walked to the bathroom.

Bob quickly opened the door, saw me in the water and shouted “ Maryann!”

Bob lifted me out of the water, patted my face and saw that I was still breathing. Bob sighed, lay me onto our bed and began compulsions. I woke up coughing water and I looked at Bob shocked.

Bob looked at me, embraced me and said “ I thought I had lost you.”

I said “ I'm so sorry, I fell asleep.”

Bob hugged me close, kissed my lips and said “ You scared me so much.”

I said “ I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to scare you.”

Bob kissed my lips and said “ Oh god, I thought you had drowned.”

I said “ I'm so sorry, I guess I was feeling to sleepy. I shouldn't have gone into the bathtub.”

Bob kissed my head, helped me sit on the bed and dressed me. I sighed, watched as Bob got dressed and we returned to the hospital. I had my blood pressure checked, look at the results and I sighed. My blood pressure was 150/124. I sighed, got put in a room and was given medicine.

Dr. Hughes came to my room, looked at me and asked “ What happened?”

I said “ I fell asleep in the bathtub.”

Dr. Hughes nodded, looked at my chart and got a breathing machine. Dr. Hughes had me breathe as hard as I could and I failed the test.

Dr. Hughes said “ Well, Maryann, you may have water in your lungs. We will have to hospitalize you for a while.”

I nodded, looked at Bob and Bob sighed.

Bob said “ I guess I will get you some clothes for you to change.”

I nodded, took a drink of water and I lay onto the bed. After ten minutes, I was sleeping soundly on the bed. Bob softly kissed my cheek, left the hospital room and drove back to our hotel. Bob's cell began to ring and Bob saw that Hima was calling.

Bob smiled, answered and said “ Hello, Hima, what can I do for you?”

Hima asked “ Is my mom around?”

Bob sighed, looked at the time and said “ Hima, your mom is in the hospital.”

Hima asked “ What happened to mom?”

Bob said “ Your mom accidentally fell asleep in the bathtub.”

Hima asked “ Is mom all right?”

Bob said “ She is going to be hospitalized today. I'm headed to the hotel right now.”

Hima sighed, looked at the time and asked “ So, any news?”

Bob smiled, chuckled and said “ Your mom is pregnant.”

Hima smiled and asked “ So, how far is she?”

Bob said “ Your mom is four months pregnant, we're having twins.”

Hima looked at Mack shocked, looked at Jr and said “ Twins? Oh my, four months?”

Bob chuckled and said “ Long story short, we did it a few months back without protection, we just found out today since your mom was puking heavily.”

Hima nodded, smiled and said “ Congratulations, dad. I'm so happy for the both of you.”

Bob smiled and said “ Thank you so much. Well, I will give you updates for when your mom gets better.”

Hima said “ Thank you, I appreciate the help.”

Bob chuckled and said “ Of course, she's my wife and life long partner.”

Hima chuckled, nodded and said “ So true, keep me up to date.”

Bob said “ Will do” as he hung up his cell. Bob got to the car, unlocked the doors and drove back to our hotel. Bob grabbed the room key, went up to our floor and opened up our room. Bob sighed as he saw my clothes all on the floor, looked around and saw that the safe had been broken into. Bob sighed, walked to the phone and called security. Bob waited an hour before anyone arrived. Bob told them about the safe, the contents that were in the safe and filed a police report.

Bob sighed, gathered a few pairs of pants, underwear, bras and my pajamas to make me comfortable. Bob sighed, locked our room door and went back to the car. Bob drove back to the hospital, asked for my room number and came up to my room. Bob knocked, looked at me and sighed.

I asked “ Baby, what's wrong?”

Bob said “ Maryann, someone broke into our room, broke the safe and took all of my credit cards, money and your cell phone.”

I said “ Baby, go call the places, make sure you end the service before we get hit with the bill.”

Bob nodded, exited my room, walked outside and called the credit card companies, my cell phone company and told them that they had been stolen.

Bob hung up his cell, came back to my room and said “ All right, it's all done.”

I nodded, touched my belly and I said “ Somebody moved in here.”

Bob smiled, kissed my lips and took a seat right next to me.

I was watching t.v. and I saw that Max, my brother, had been arrested. I listened in and I heard that Max raped a ten year old girl, in broad daylight. I looked at Bob amazed, looked at the t.v. and I couldn't believe my ears.

Bob said “ Well, at least we know that he will never get out of jail again. I know no one's parents are going to put up with that.”

I nodded, sighed and looked at Bob ashamed. I said “ I can't believe that Max turned out so bad, I mean, yeah, we had a tough childhood and even harder teen years. But to do that to a little girl, right in public is to much.”

Bob said “ At least you decided to get help for yourself. I mean, sure, it took a mental break down for it, but you kept up with your help. That is what counts in the end, to be better.”

I nodded, sighed and I began to cry. I said “ This reminds me when he raped Hima. I mean, he got our daughter pregnant.”

Bob embraced me, tried to calm me down and I knew that my blood pressure was through the roof. I sighed, wiped my tears and I still couldn't stop the tears from falling. Bob sighed, held me close and tried to calm me down. I just kept crying, just thinking about my past and everything that had happened. Bob kissed my cheek, rocked me slowly and I fell asleep. Bob smiled, held me close and watched as I slept. Bob thought I looked like a child, just sleeping away in the arms of a father. Bob smiled, put his finger to his lips as a nurse entered my room.

The nurse nodded, took the food tray for later and Bob continued to watch me sleep. Bob began to feel sleepy, lay down next to me and we both slept soundly. After three hours, two nurses came into my room, looked at my bed and saw Bob sleeping next to me. A nurse smiled, whispered to the other nurse and they both left. I awoke at six that evening to Bob crying. I looked at Bob and saw that Bob was crying in his sleep. I shook Bob lightly making Bob's blue eyes shoot open.

I hugged Bob and asked “ Baby, what's wrong? You were crying in your sleep.”

Bob said “ Oh, Maryann, I was just having the most awful dream.”
♠ ♠ ♠
To my readers and subscribers