‹ Prequel: Breaking Away

When Two Become One

Nothing Else Matters

Zacky’s POV

“Sierra, babe, stop throwing stuff now!” I ordered, but it really was a plea for my life.

“No Zack, I will not. I know you cheated on me at your ‘guys night’ and it breaks my heart.” She sobbed.

She slumped into the tan armchair in our living room and broke down again. My head was so full of confusing thoughts that I didn’t know what to do first. This ordeal just came out of nowhere and I was worried for Sierra.

“Hey, I’m home.” I called walking through the front door.

The first thing I heard was Sierra sniffling in the kitchen. I quickly ran into the kitchen to see what the matter was. Her head was in the palms of her hands while she sat at the table.

“Shit, Sierra, what’s the matter?” I asked with full concern.

“You know how you said you got so drunk that you black out at your party and that you remember nothing? Well, Matt mentioned that a few strange girls came over and I’m thinking the worse. You’ve been distant for a while and I’m pretty sure I know what the reason is. You’re cheating on me Zack, aren’t you?” she said in a whisper.

“What the hell? Why would you think that? I’m pretty sure that Matt was pulling your chain because none of us have any need for strippers anymore.” I said trying to hide what little humor I actually found in this.

“This is not funny Zacky.” She said with tears and mascara running down her face. “Tell me the truth.”

Before I could even get a word out she leapt up from the chair and started rambling about how she didn’t want to hear it. Coming up from behind I gently placed my hand on her arm to calm her down when she went berserk. Whatever was in her reach became a missile aimed towards me.


Now I stood watching my future wife cry her eyes out while I did nothing. To be honest, I still wanted to keep my distance just in case she had a few more coffee mugs up her sleeve.

“Zacky, I-I’m so sorry.” She whimpered. “I don’t know what came over me.”

“Sierra, it’ll be ok.” I reassured her as I kneeled before her.

“No it won’t be. I just accused you of cheating on me when I know you didn’t. These damn hormones are tearing me apart. Last night I was so happy and then I started watching this medical show on TLC and I started crying. I can’t control myself.”

“It’s all a part of being pregnant. Sure, blaming me of infidelity is kind of harsh, but I know that you aren’t totally responsible for the things you said.” I told her while caressing her now stained face.

My arms went around her very large belly with the hope that she would relax. Her tense muscles softened and she leaned into me.

“Sing to me Zacky.” She asked as she rested her head in the crook of my neck.

One song came to mind. Every night while I was on tour I played this song and looked at her picture. It really spoke to me and I planned on this song being with us for a long time.

So close no matter how far
Couldn’t be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are
And nothing else matters

I never opened myself this way
Life is ours we live it our way
All these words I don’t just say
And nothing else matters

Yeah, trust I seek and I find in you
Every day for us something new
Open mind for a different view
And nothing else matters


The tune poured softly from my lips as I sang to the woman I loved. I glanced down at her belly and instantly a smile spread on my face. Twin boys were so close to being welcomed by us it wasn’t even funny.

“How about we go out and get some coffee babe?” I asked Sierra.

“Sure thing just let me get my boots on.” She answered with a grin.

The drive to the coffee shop was serene as I took the scenic route. For the middle of November the weather was actually quite decent so we drove with the windows down. Sierra couldn’t stop giggling at the sight of Ichabod’s furry face in the breeze as he shoved his face outside. After parallel parking in front of the small shop I ran over to the other side of my SUV and opened the door for Sierra. I took my place in line while she went to the bathroom for the millionth time today it seemed. Hearing the cashier ask for the next customer I stepped up and ordered while looking for my credit card.

“Can I have to large cups of coffee, one with sugar the other with cream?”

Not hearing any response I curiously looked up to see what the problem was. Upon gazing forward my heart dropped into my stomach and it felt as if nothing could get worse.

“Well well well, if it isn’t Mr. Vengeance himself. Ordering for the fat cow? Speaking of Sierra, where is she?”

“Ashley, just give me the damn coffee.” I growled underneath my breath.

My old girlfriend acted like she was hurt by the informality of my tone, but she didn’t have a soul so I knew I did no harm. She still had an orange tint to her skin and it looked as if she upped the size of her boobs. She had dyed her hair to an even more intense blonde, if that was even possible.

“Come on Zacky bear; don’t act like you completely hate me. We had some great times together.” She said with a twisted grin.

“Ashley give me my damn drinks now.” I said trying to remain civil.

“So tell me,” she said completely ignoring my orders, “how long into the marriage are you going to make it before you crave for a new flavor?”

“Shut the hell up. Sierra is perfect for me. I shouldn’t even be talking to you now.” I said in a louder voice which garnered some attention of other customers.

“I know you Zacky, longer then she actually does. You’re the kind of guy who needs change. Too much of the same thing will bore you. Also, when you do jump from the train, give me a call.” She said still wearing that sick smile.

Anger was pulsing through my veins and I couldn’t stand the sight of her anymore. Turning around I stormed towards the door and grabbed Sierra as she walked out of the ladies room. She was about to ask something when she glanced behind her. Her sweet eyes shone with hatred as she glared at Ashley through the glass. Seeing what obviously pissed me off she kept it at that and said nothing. I was still fuming as I pulled into our driveway and also as Sierra left me to vent by myself. It wasn’t Ashley herself that made me angry, it was something else.

What if Ashley is right?
♠ ♠ ♠
im sorry that i keep letting this story get away from me. ill try to keep updating more often on this.
thanks to those who kick my butt for being lazy as well!!