‹ Prequel: Breaking Away

When Two Become One

Baby Blues

Zacky’s POV

Sierra and I brought the babies home a few days ago and it was going great. We had taken to being parents like ducks take to water. Every now and then the guys would pop in for a visit but other than that we were on our own. Today my parents were coming over to see Matthew Brian and James Jonathon for the first time. Surprisingly, Matthew and James were sleeping which left Sierra and I to get ready. The weird thing is though that Sierra was just sitting in the living room staring out the window. She had this longing look in her eyes and it appeared that she was lost in thought. Every now and then she would get in one of these moods and it worried me. But then I just told myself that she was still in shock of being a parent and needed time to rest. At least I hope that’s what she was going through because I was feeling the same way. Right now I was playing the part of Mr. Mom and cooking a chicken for supper. I don’t know what women complain about. It wasn’t that hard to take care of a home.

“Sweetheart, your parents are here.” Sierra called from the living room.

“Ok, I’m pulling the bird out now. Can you get the door?” I asked as I stirred the corn in the pan.

I heard her sigh heavily and the creaking sounds of she getting up from the recliner. My mother’s high pitch voice echoed through the house and I could just imagine her engulfing Sierra in a hug while my father tried to pry her off. The three of them were talking very fast and all of a sudden my mother cried out loud. She found the babies. Dusting my hands off of salt and other seasonings I walked into the living room to see that my mom was bent over the two bassinets. Sierra watched her with a warm smile on her face as she picked up Matthew. My parents had only eyes for my sons and no one else. The entire time that my brother and I lived at home they had given up hope of ever being grandparents. Matt and I were ladies men. We couldn’t help it. Thank god my sister Zina had some sense in her.

“Oh my, they are beautiful. Wow, look at their eyes!” my mother whispered.

They opened their eyes for the first time yesterday. Sierra was so happy that she started crying. Matthew had green eyes while James inherited the hazel color that the Sanders clan was known for. I was glad that now we had two ways of telling them apart. Hey, I’m still wondering how my girl managed to pop of Matthew. He was a really big boy.

“Here darling, you want to hold him?” my mother asked Sierra.

“Eh, I’m good.” She said nonchalantly. “Honestly, I try to hold them as little as possible because I’m so afraid that I’m going to hurt them.”

“True, dear, I know that feeling. I accidentally dropped Zacky on his head one time.”

I turned away from my father who was holding James and stared in disbelief at my mother. She had to be joking. From the look on her face I could tell she was and I couldn’t help but glare at her.

“Keith, can you check out the cribs in the nursery? I’m not sure that Jimmy and Brian put them together correctly.” Sierra asked my dad.

“Sure thing Sierra, knowing those boys I wouldn’t be surprised to find them looking like a pile of wood.”

He carefully laid James back into the bassinet and followed Sierra off to the nursery. I let my eyes linger on them until my mom cleared her throat softly. Turning my gaze on my mom I saw that she had a concerned look on her face. This wasn’t good.

“What’s the matter mom?” I asked worried.

“Is there something wrong with Sierra? Has she been acting weird?” she questioned while watching the boys fall back to sleep.

“She’s fine. Well, she can be kind of distant and she is more hands off then I thought she would be when it comes to the boys.” I answered. The more I thought about this, the more I realized that she was being different. Other times when I had seen mothers and their new babies they were so happy.

“What are you getting at mom?” I asked shaking negative thoughts from my head.

“I’m just worried for her. She might be sick.”

“Sick?” I asked nervously. “Sierra seems healthy to me.”

“Not sick in the cold and cough way, but in another way.” She hinted. “Zachary, I think Sierra might have the baby blues.”

“What’s the baby blues?” I asked.

“Sweetie, it’s the beginning stage of Postpartum Depression.”
♠ ♠ ♠
is she really depressed? who knows.
this was kind of crappy in my opinion. im having a hard time making this story entertaining and im sorry that you guys have to read it.
comments will cheer me up though!!

I have new stories!
sorry, but i do lol
I have my first Syn Gates story and another Zacky V story
check em out