‹ Prequel: Breaking Away

When Two Become One

She Needs Help

Zacky’s POV

It’s been three days since my parents had visited and I’ve been keeping a close eye on my fiancé. What my mother said unnerved me. Could Sierra really be sick? I was scared. It might just be my paranoia setting in but she seemed to be showing more signs every day. All day she lounges around and doesn’t get up. I’ve had to take on most of the work in the house because whenever I ask her for assistance she either yells at me or she starts crying. I hope I was just holding her too much under the microscope or something. But it really was getting to be a handful. I was so close to shaving my hair off because it would stop me from pulling it out by hand. Matthew and James were in my arms sound asleep when I heard a car engine cut off in the drive way. Carefully I stood up from my chair and peeped through the curtain. Matt and Val stepped out of the black car and began to walk towards the door. With a smile of relief across my face I told them to come straight in. Like most visitors to the house they went right to the babies. About an hour ago I placed a call of distress to the two of them and begged them to come over. They were also the only people who knew that Sierra might have postpartum depression. Matt was slightly confused but Val knew the severity of the situation.

“Where is she?” Matt asked from the couch.

“I think she cried herself to sleep about 20 minutes ago upstairs.” I said quietly as I played with the hem of my shirt.

“Does it seem like she is getting worse?” Val questioned as she cradled James softly.

“It’s a slow progression, but I guess it could be worse.”I answered as I watched my sons sleep.

“Zacky, someone needs to confront her and tell her that she needs help. Women everywhere go through this and there are treatments.” Val stated firmly.

“Val, I don’t want her to get pissed at me for saying that she is messed up. Sierra flips over the littlest things.” I argued with her.

“Look Baker,” Matt said while handing the other Matthew off to Val, “I love my cousin. If she needs help for something that she can’t handle by herself, then she is going to get it. I don’t want to drag this out any longer then needed to be. Do you get what I’m saying?”

Sighing heavily I slumped back into the chair and rubbed my temple. Of course I knew where Matt was coming from. Everyone loved Sierra and God knows how much she meant to me. I don’t think that I am ready to admit that my girl has a problem. We’ve both been through so much that she doesn’t deserve to suffer any more. Looking at Matt and Val they were both watching me with concern.

“What do I do Matt? I don’t feel comfortable telling her that she needs help.”

Matt scratched the tiny stubble that was growing on his chin as he thought of what to say. I hope he had something good.

“I think us two should go up there. With both of us there she gets family and people who really love her.” He said then glanced over at Val. “I’m not saying that you don’t love her. We’ve just had a deeper connection.”

Val rolled her eyes. “Then get up there now. I want to nip this thing in the bud now!” she said as she ushered the two of us to the stairway.

Matt and I looked at each other hesitantly before scaling the carpeted stairs. Even though both of us would never say it out loud, but we were both nervous. Sierra was a strong woman and if she wasn’t up to us telling her to get help she would let us know. I led the way to the bedroom and before walking in I held my finger to my lips telling him to be quiet. When I slowly opened the door I saw that she was asleep on the bed. This was the first time that Matt has seen his cousin in a while and I don’t think he was ready for it.

“Oh my God.” Matt whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm sorry that all of my updates have been so short. i just feel like i have to update.
hope you like it!
comments?