‹ Prequel: Breaking Away

When Two Become One

Who's Your Daddy?

Zacky’s eyes slowly opened and a small smirk tugged at the corners of his mouth. The dry spell that I had been experiencing ended as I watched him right now. A single tear ran down my face, as his smile grew wider. I suddenly took a deep breath of air, as I had not breathed at all for the past minute.

“Oh my God, pinch me. Is this a dream? Ouch, Jimmy, I was just kidding.” I screamed while rubbing the sore spot on my arm.

Looking up from my arm I stared at Zacky lying in the bed. This was real. He really was laughing at the guys’ antics right now. His gaze returned to mine and a fire that I’ve never seen before burned brightly in them. Anything that we have ever felt strongly radiated between us. Matt, Jimmy, and Brian must have noticed because the sounds of moving chairs greeted my ears. Neither of us spoke until they exited the room.

“How are you awake? They never told me they were going to revive you this early.” I whispered.

“I don’t think that I have the ability to answer your questions considering that I’ve been sleeping for the past day.” He said with a laugh.

I frowned as he said this because I didn’t want to alarm him in any way. Telling him was important though.

“Sweetheart, you’ve been down for two weeks. They put you in a coma to heal thoroughly.”

He looked shocked for a second, but a smirk soon formed on his face.

“I guess that makes sense. No wonder I felt so well rested.”

The distance between us was aggravating. I couldn’t take it anymore. Standing up from the chair, I swung my legs over the bar that framed the bed and snuggled into Zacky’s body. His hands trailed up and down my back as I clung closer to him. It felt so good to be back in his arms. I was so glad he was back. How much longer I could have lasted, I didn’t know. While I was lying there I saw the IV that was in his arm, but he was missing one more tube. Leaning over, I saw the little needle point that was suppose to be in his arm leaking all over the floor. The clear tube had gotten tangled with the wire that Jimmy accidentally tripped over. I smiled at the fluid on the floor. I guess I owe Jimmy a huge thanks. Settling back down into Zacky, I let the calming effects of his hands wash over me. Soon, his fingers were running over my shoulders and down my breasts. Upon reaching my stomach, his motions ceased. I remained quiet, however, so I could hear what he had to say.

“Uh, Sierra, not that I don’t love you any less, but you didn’t have to drown your sorrows in food.” He said slowly.

“Are you calling me fat? I thought you loved me!” I cried.

The look on his face was priceless. He started stammering and tried to say multiple things at once as he stared at me hurt face. I gave him an evil smirk and starting laughing. Zacky was at a loss for words for my sudden change in mood. Deciding now was the time to tell him, I began to drop little hints.

“Zacky, I haven’t been stuffing my face. Actually, I should really be eating more.”

“But, Sierra, you weren’t this big when I last saw you. True, I didn’t have time to take in your appearance, but babe, something’s happening here.” He said with all honesty in his voice.

“Ok, when did you guys leave for your tour?”

“I’d have to say, about four months ago. Why?”

“Zacky, lets just say that I’ll have the weight off in five months.”

I watched his face after I told him. If someone could look like a mood ring, Zacky was pulling it off right now. His next emotion caught me off guard and brought me to tears. The biggest tear rolled down his cheek as he stared at me. Just to make sure the point had been driven home, I let the words fall from my lips.

“I’m pregnant Zacky.” I whispered.

“I’m a daddy?” he murmured.

“Yes, you’re going to be a daddy.” I cried.

My eardrums were shattered as Zacky voiced his thoughts on the situation.

“I’M GOING TO BE A DADDY! HELL YEAH, FATHER OF THE YEAR HERE I COME!”

The door was slammed open and everyone came rushing in and I mean everyone.
Matt, Jimmy, and Brian came back into the room followed by Liz, Kourt, Val, Leana, Michelle, Johnny, and Scott. They all watched as Zacky beamed and I cried in happiness. Leave it to Jimmy to start a little round of applause for us. Once I got done laughing at my friends, I dried my tears and rested back into my boyfriend. Zacky wasn’t shy to rub my growing belly now. It was almost as if his hands were there to protect me, like he always does and always will do.

“You guys are so sweet that you’re giving me diabetes.” Leana giggled.

I nodded vigorously at her and turned back to Zacky. He placed a loving kiss on my lips and continued rubbing my belly. My attention was diverted to the door again as I watched the doctor enter the room. He didn’t look too happy with what he found.

“Mr. Baker, you’re awake. I wasn’t planning on lowering the dosage for another week. You seem well though, so I won’t argue. Now, if everyone will please leave the room I would like to give the patient a thorough evaluation.”

I slowly peeled myself away from Zacky so the doctor could look at him. With one last look at him in the bed, I walked through the door to join my friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
no cliffhanger in sight!
i hope ya liked it!

thanks to readers and those who leave comments
<3 katie