‹ Prequel: Breaking Away

When Two Become One

Deep Shit

“Welcome Home Zacky!”

I read aloud the banner as I pushed Zacky’s wheelchair towards our front door. Being knocked out for two weeks, the hospital asked that Zacky be ridden to a wheelchair until he could regain his muscle strength. Catering to his every need wasn’t terrible in my eyes. I owed my life to this man; so, I was going to do anything he asked for. The plywood board that Brian had put over the steps buckled underneath the weight of the chair, Zacky, and me. With one last shove, I managed to get us to the doorway. As the door opened so did the past memories. Flashbacks of Alex wielding a gun flew through my mind. Zacky must have sensed my nervousness because he placed a warm and comforting hand on my forearm. The living room came into view as I wheeled him through the house. A cold chill still filled it but it all went away with sounds coming from a dear friend. Ichabod’s barking was coming from the top of the steps and the furious padding of feet thundered down the staircase.

“Ichabod my boy! I missed you. You deserve something great for protecting mommy through all of this.” Zacky cooed.

“Mommy?” I giggled.

“Well, of course you’re the mommy. You take care of Ichabod and then we’re going to take care of our little baby!” he screeched.

It always warmed my heart when he got excited about being a father. Zacky was going to be the best dad in the world and I couldn’t wait to start a family with him. Continuing through the rest of the house, I was glad to find it spotless. Before I brought Zacky home I had asked all the guys if they would get rid of anything from that night, well, anything that the police hadn’t taken as evidence. After I had left in the ambulance with him, the guys said that Alex had been handcuffed and taken away by police. He was in jail right now awaiting his trial and I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that I would be asked to testify against him.

“Where do you want to go baby?” I asked him.

“I guess the couch considering that my options are limited.” He laughed.

After wheeling him to couch, I tried not to laugh as Zacky leaned to and fro in order to launch himself on the couch. He breathed a sigh of satisfaction when he finally landed on the couch. I sent him a playful smirk and jumped on him like he was my prey. The lust in my eyes must have been apparent to him as he sent me a light growl.

“Sierra, you know I would love to rock your world right now, but you know what the doctor said. No sex until I regain my muscle strength.” He said half-heartedly.

The coldness of his lip rings on my forehead as he placed a kiss soothed me to some degree. I slid off from him and took my new position at his side. Little goosebumps appeared on my arm as he ran his fingers through my hair. This is how our life should always be. No cares in the world and the feeling of love everywhere. Only the sounds of our steady breathing could be heard in the living room. Nothing could ruin this moment for us.

“Honey, I’m home!” Johnny sang from the doorway.

Maybe I had thought too soon. Johnny led the group into room and for once I was glad that it was just the guys. Perhaps the girls were out shopping or something like that. They sat on the couch and made themselves comfortable while Zacky and I exchanged confused looks.

“We knew you guys would be lonely and wouldn’t have many options entertainment wise, so we decided to pop in.” Jimmy explained.

Knowing that our personal time was through I got up from the couch and got the boys some beer. No matter what’s going on around me, I have to be a decent hostess. I came back with four bottles and gave them to each of the guys but Zacky. We had come to the agreement that if I couldn’t drink, then he wouldn’t drink around me. The drinks had been opened and then Brian got out his pack of Marlboros. Zacky struggled to get up but decided just to stay down.

“Excuse me Mr. Haner, please don’t smoke in the house. I don’t want you killing my baby.” He said sweetly, but with a direct message.

“Oh, right, sorry Sierra.” He mumbled putting the cigarette back in the pack.

I nodded in appreciation and resumed my spot next to Zacky. Since he had brought up the topic of my pregnancy, the guys started to ask me questions that they weren’t able to before.

“Do you know what you’re having yet?” Brian asked before taking a sip of his beer.

“We won’t find out for a couple more weeks. I’ve also been debating whether I want to find out or not.”

A horrified expression filled Zacky’s face as he heard this.

“Please baby, you might be able to handle it, but I couldn’t stand the wait.” He pleaded.

“Fine, I’ll make an appointment for an ultrasound. Would you guys like to come?” I asked as I glanced back at the guys.

Their faces lit up and I took that as a yes. I made a mental note to invite the girls as well.

“Have you picked any names out yet.” Matt questioned.

“James Owen.” Came a cough from the end of the couch.

I giggled at Jimmy who looked around the room with an aire of innocence. Peering down at Zacky, I saw that he was also looking at me. We hadn’t discussed names up until this point. I hope that my suggestion would suit him though.

“Well, no, we haven’t. But I’m thinking that I can pick the name if we have a girl and same for you Zacky if we have a boy.”

“Sounds good baby,” he grinned, “might I make a suggestion though? I do like the name Ima.”

I frowned at the name. He couldn’t be serious. It then hit me.

“Zackary, we are not naming our first born Ima Baker.”

The guys erupted in laughter and I soon followed. The name was pretty funny, but I could never name a child after a silly joke. Johnny checked his watch and said that they had to be going. They exited the room and Matt was the last to leave, but not before turning around to say one last thing.

“By the way Sierra, my mom isn’t happy that you haven’t visited since you’ve been here.” He smirked.

He closed the door and I sunk into the couch. Zacky looked at me with concern in his eyes.

“What’s the matter?”

“I’m in deep shit Zack.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this took so long, i guess i lost track of time.
leave lots and lots of love!!!
hope you enjoyed