Killing Loneliness

Pass through scenery

I had never ran as fast as I did that night in my entire life. The top part of my body passed my feet by about 5 feet at least.
I felt like I was going to fall, when the voices in your head are screaming. 'Get away, get away.' You just dont care.
The iron steps of the bus made creaking sounds as I slowed my pace. My face nearly met the door before I could stop it.
The light snoring coming from the bunks gave me a new found sense of reassurance that I hadnt been seen going out.
I ripped off my converse and strew them out in various places in the tourbus. I wanted to kiss Charlie's head one more time before I drifted to sleep, but didnt on the fear he might wake up and see where Ive been.

The next morning I wanted to stay in bed all day after what I had seen, but Charlie was always there, waking me up.
"Wake up Rayray. Weve got a gig tonight." He said soothingly into my ear. It felt good to hear his voice that soft again.
I groaned as the sun hit my eyes. He picked up by the shoulders and pulled me into a sitting positition on my bunk.
"Its a special concert Rayne! Ive got a surprise for you!" he squeeled.
"What is it?" I said groggily and impatiently.
He giggled like a little girl. "Youll see."
I sighed and got dressed quickly, a sloppy sweater with nail polish stained blue jeans I stole from a payless dumpster.
The day was uneventful, I avoided Bam and Ville like the plague I saw them as. You have no idea how awkward it was whenever you see them together.

That night at the concert, Charlie kept rubbing my hand faster than usual. He looked so nervous.
When the time for the band to play came, he didnt ask me to come on stage like always. No, this was different, he physicaly pulled me on stage by the arm on my sweater. I went surprisingly without a fight.
My stomach turned to jelly when i saw how many people were out in the audience, It might be small for a band, but to me, it was big.
Charlie pulled me to the center of the stage, he grabbed the microphone and screamed into it.
"Hello Florida! He greeted. You may wonder who this is. Well, This is my gilfriend. I know you dont know her, but I wanted you too. In a minute youll know why."
He rooted around in his pocket and pulled a small ring box out. He lowered the microphone and knelt down on one knee. I thought I knew what would happen next, but I was so overwhelmed by everything I couldnt speak.
"Rayne Walker, will you be my wife?" He opened the box, the ring was visually stunning, a silver band with a small diamond in the middle.
I nearly cried. The 'Awws' and sounds of crying from the audience overwhelmed me even more. I wanted to cry so badly my stomch turned warm.

His eyes sparkled like bright polished emralds in the strobe lights. I couldnt have asked for anything more.

"Yes."