Status: Slowly working on an update. Working on Supernatural one-shots, so look out for them.

Winters Storm.

Chapter Three

Dean sauntered over to the main doors of the garage, and opened the door for the sound of an old bell to ring out against the sound of Led Zeppelin playing from the stereo. The girl looked up from the bonnet of a car, and exposed a cheery smile and light blue eyes.

“Hey.” She spoke in a strong Australian accent which echoed within the iron walls of the garage. “You guys dropping off or…?” She asked as she looked at the unfamiliar brothers. A Town like Wichita Falls, you could tell who were the tourists a mile off.

“Umm, No. FBI.” Dean said, holding up his badge for the girl to see. “I’m agent Weatherly and this is my partner Agent Michaels.” he pointed to Sam as he said the name of his alter-ego of the moment.

“I’m Erin. Erin Baillie.” She said smiling still despite the situation, “This about Alec and Nadia?” She and the brothers looked at each other out of the corner of their eyes.

“Yes, Actually.” Sam stepped in, covering for his brother who was still wandering how she knew their business, “And why did you assume that?” Sam asked her and she shrugged.

“A town like this doesn’t get a lot of crime, and last thing I heard was that the case wasn‘t closed.” She explained and Sam nodded.

“Could you just tell us what you have heard about the murders? We’ve heard there’s a lot of speculation about them, and some of it might be helpful to the case.” Sam explained to her and she nodded, and put down the blackened cloth she had in her hand down on the engine of the car.

“Sure,” She said, “I only know bits though.” She led them away from the car, after informing them there is a small kitchen out back which they could talk in. Once they went into the kitchen, Erin offered them to sit down, and to help themselves to the biscuits on the table, which Dean practically dived on.

“So, Miss Baillie, tell us what you’ve heard, doesn’t matter if it doesn’t make sense in parts, we need to establish the rumours spreading around.” Sam told her.

“Okay, and you can call me Erin.” She informed him, “Well, as you know, they got murdered about a week ago. And people have said that there was no signs of break in, but people said that there was. And there’s rumours going around that Nadia killed Alec because he was cheating again, and then she committed suicide.”

“What do you mean ‘Cheating Again?’” Dean asked, raising his eyebrows. Some guys could be such jerks to women. Alec should have followed Dean’s example - avoid relationships and the lovey-dovey stuff, and stick with the action. Erin leaned back in her chair and nodded.

“Yeah, Alec’s said to be a bit of a lady’s man. That’s how he met Nadia, actually. He was sleeping around with a bunch of girls, and Nadia was one of them. His girlfriend back then went crazy at him.” Erin explained.

“Do you have a name of his ex girlfriend? Sam asked and Erin shook her head and Dean helped himself to another biscuit as he eyed the clock impatiently.

“Nope, Alec had told me it though, can’t remember it. Sorry.” She apologised. “But that’s all I know.” Sam and Dean, or Agent Michaels And Agent Weatherly, thanked Erin for her time, and headed out of the garage.

“Those biscuits were amazing!” Dean said, grinning at Sam, as they walked back onto the sidewalk of the main town, “We should totally get some.”

“Yeah, whatever.” Sam was hardly listening to his brother, he was too busy looking down the streets, looking for a particular building, “We can once we’ve finished working.”

“’When we’ve finished working’” Dean mimicked his brother, “You never stop working!”

“And you don’t stop moaning like a little kid.” Sam said sighing, and then stopped at the corner of a crossroads. Sam looked up at the signpost, and then crossed the road to the small street ahead.

“Dude,” Dean said, running slightly to catch up with his brother, “Where we going?”

“The Morgue.” Sam said, and led Dean up a small street, where a large building with a glass front was at the end of.

“The Morgue.” Dean said, “That’s the one thing I love about this family. While other people go to Disney Land, we go grave digging and morgues.” Dean said sarcastically.

“Since when were you such a sceptic?” Sam asked his brother, raising his eyebrows slightly.

“Dude, I’m tired! I need coffee, I need sleep. I just drove a six hour drive in four hours.” Dean half shouted at his brother, “And you don’t help by dragging me around this town.”

“Sorry,” Sam apologised. He had been the end of his lack-of-coffee brothers moods before, and it was never good. Dean practically ran off coffee, like his car ran of fuel, and a car isn’t helpful without fuel. “After we’ve gone to the Morgue, we’ll go and get a couple of coffees.”

“Sure,” Dean said, nodding at what his brother said, “But you’re buying!” They walked up the few stone steps up to the morgue and Sam pushed open the glass door, and led his brother inside. They went up to the front desk, flashed their FBI badges and requested to see the bodies of Nadia Blakewood and Alec Connor.

They got lead down some stairs into a plain white room, layered with tiles upon the floor and walls. One of the walls were filled with silver ‘drawers’ which reflected the light, unlike the darkness they held. They were introduced to Dr. Mallard, who ran the morgue. They showed their fake FBI badges for the third time that day.

“Dr. Mallard, we’re here to see the bodies of Alec Connor and Nadia Blakewood.” Dean said and Dr. Mallard nodded.

“Of course, they’re over here.” Dr. Mallard led the brothers over to the drawers at the end of the room, pulled open two drawers which were about waist height. Both of the bodies were pale white, like paper only mellower, and with a smear of blood someone had carelessly tried to wipe away, but failed. “Sorry of the state, my student helper seemed a little distraught by the bodies.”

“Completely understandable, after such gruesome murders.” Sam said, nodding sympathetically as he looked at the bodies, “Umm, would it be possible for me and my partner to have a look at the bodies alone. Private business and all that.” Sam said and Dr. Mallard nodded. He was so understanding.

“Of course. I’ll wait outside.” He said and left the room, closing the door quietly behind him, leaving the brothers alone. Sam turned to look at Dean, who had a look of disgust on his face.

“Eww.” Dean muttered and Sam rolled his eyes.

“Dean, look at the cut that’s been sewn up. That’s not thread.” Dean knelt down to get a closer look at the stitched up slashes in the stomach. Sam was right, they weren’t stitched up with thread. Instead, the vine from an ivy plant had been used, with the leaves pulled off before hand. Dean looked back up to his brother from the carcasses.

“There’s not gonna be many of them plants around, is there?” Although Wichita Falls was a small town, there wasn’t many fields or woods around it.

“That’s what I thought. But we still don’t know what we’re dealing with.” Sam said, “I’ve never heard of anything that rips out the stomach, and sews up the wound afterwards.”

“I’ve never read anything like that in Dad’s journal before, and he’s never mentioned it.” Dean told Sam as he looked back down at the bodies. “Maybe Bobby will know something.”

Bobby Singer is a close family friend to the Winchesters, so close he is practically family. He had always been a father figure, even before their father John died. Bobby thinks of Dean and Sam as his own child, he would do anything for them, always help them out. He’s also never seen without a hat on.

“Yeah, he probably will. My guess is that we’re dealing with an angry spirit.” Sam agreed.

“One hell of an angry sprit more like.” Dean said. “I’m thinking More coffee, less dead bodies.” He said grinning, and Sam replied with a small smile.

“Sure, okay. Then we call Bobby.” Sam said, shutting the drawers that held the bodies, and then followed Dean out of the morgue. They found a small coffee shop nearby and sat down with two steaming mugs of the requested beverage at a table by the window away from everyone else. The coffee shop was quite small, and with few people taking up the tables.

Sam decided to call Bobby before the tea-time rush came in, and Dean was too busty drinking coffee, and refilling it up every so often as it was free to. The phone rang a few times, and then Bobby picked up the phone.

“Hey Bobby, its Sam.” Sam told Bobby as Dean got up again to fill up his coffee cup.

“Oh hey Sam.” Bobby said cheerfully, obviously happy to hear from the younger Winchester, “You and your brother okay?”

“Yeah, we’re just working on a case in Wichita Falls.” Sam said, watching Dean sip the coffee, “We recon it might be a vengeful spirit deal, because we’ve never heard anything like that before.”

“Nothing in your dad’s journal? I might not know, but its worth a try.” Bobby said, and Sam explained the murders to Bobby who listened tentatively.

“Hmm,” Bobby began, pondering over what Sam said, “Sounds like a vengeful spirits doing to me, haven’t heard anything like that before. How you guys researched it?” Bobby asked.

“Yeah, but nothing relevant came up. Asking around, it sounds like it’s the first murder of the kind. We might be barking up the wrong tree, but it doesn’t seem like it.” Sam said.

“I’ll ring a few people, see if they know anything. I’ll ring you if I find anything. And make sure you and Dean stay safe.” Bobby finished, and Sam agreed before hanging up.