Status: Slowly working on an update. Working on Supernatural one-shots, so look out for them.

Winters Storm.

Chapter Seven

“Hey, Bobby,” Dean said, slightly surprised at how quickly he had answered the phone, “Me and Robin think we know what baddie we’re hunting today.” He heard the heavy library doors slam shut behind him, and the few steps it took Sam, carrying several photo-copies of newspapers all with stories identical to the one that caught his eye in the diner at Berkeley, to get into the same pace as Dean as they walked down the few remaining steps.

“Dean, or should I say Batman, hey. I was just about to call you,” Bobby said, “So, hit me what you’ve got.”

“Well, we think its this dude Emmett Hale - Went missing in the woods around twenty one years ago.” Dean explained, “He was last seen in the woods. There’s been a sloppy trail that Sam managed to un-cover with his geek rays, first case similar to the ones now happened twenty years ago.”

“Yeah, That’s probably it. Vengeful spirit.” Bobby agreed with Dean, nodding despite being unable to be seen, “You know what to do. Salt and Burn.” Bobby said as Dean and Sam both slid into the Impala, the doors shutting firmly and the sound of “Jailbreak” by Thin Lizzy filling the car at maximum volume once Dean turned the key in the ignition.

“Its finding the body which is the problem. The woods are huge. But we’re going to talk to Casper’s ex wife, see what she knows.”

“Sounds like a plan. You know the drill, call me when its all done. And don’t forget, look after your brother.”

“You know me Bobby, I never stop looking after him.” Dean said, shooting a meaningful glace in Sam’s direction, before hanging up his phone and putting his foot to the acceleration pedal.

*

“Mrs Cooper?” Sam asked as him and Dean held up the FBI badges in unison for her to see. “I’m agent Michaels, and this is Agent Weatherly. Is it okay if we come in and ask you a few questions?”

“Um, sure.” She said, holding the door open to let them into her house. She led them to the sitting room, showing them where to sit within the confides of the room. “I’m not exactly clear on why you’re here…” She told him, cautiously watching them sit down before sitting down herself on the large leather sofa across from them.

“We’re re-opening the missing-persons case on your husband, Emmett. We were just wondering if we could ask you a few questions.” Sam asked her, studying her body language as she froze up at the mention of his name.

“Why are you re-opening the case? He’s long gone.” She snapped back at the brothers, as they shared a quizzical glance at each other through the corner of their eyes from her remark.

“If you don’t mind, we’ll ask the questions.” Dean said, causing her to pout slightly, “So, your husband disappeared 21 years ago, can you remember when you last saw him.”

“Ex husband. I re-married. Seeing as he‘s been missing for hell of a long time, they annulled our marriage.” She said, pointing to the wedding band on her left hand, “And I last saw him in the woods, getting into his car and driving off.”

“Was anyone with you, Mrs Cooper? I know it may be difficult, but we have to ask these kind of questions.” Sam said in a soothing voice as to calm her down.

“Just my husband Jacoby.” She said coldly, slumping back into the seat, “How long is this going to take?”

“Did Emmett and Jacoby get along?” Dean asked her, ignoring the question she asked, “Or did Emmett have any enemies?”

“They did, until me and Emmett broke up.” She said, and Sam and Dean both simultaneously turned their heads to face each other, “Didn’t you know that? I went through this 21 years ago. It should be on the system.”

“We just have to double check. Why did yours and Emmett’s break up affect their relationship?” Sam asked, and Sarah’s body froze.

“That should be on the system.” She snapped, receiving quizzical glances off the brothers. She sighed, “After a very drunk night, me and Jacoby slept together. It was a mistake. Emmett found out, him and Jacoby met up one night… I got told to stay here by Jacoby… and well, I never saw Emmett after that. Have you found him?” She asked, tears welling up in her eyes, causing Sam and Dean to share a perplexed glance between them.

“Uh, no Mrs Cooper. But we’re hoping to uncover one and put this whole thing to rest.” Sam said, as Dean passed her a tissue from the box on the centre of the coffee table as a way of comfort, “Is there anything that was said that night that may have lead to his disappearance?”

Sarah gulped, looking down at her hands, “Jacoby threatened to kill Emmett if he ever saw him around here again, and Emmett said that he’d make the world pay for what Jacoby has done.” She told them, “But that’s just heat of the moment talk, they both would never do that.”

“Thank you for your time. We’ll be in touch.” Sam said, standing up and stretching his legs as he did so. Dean soon followed, adding that they were determined to solve this case, and that they would let themselves out. They hurried down the steps that led from the porch to the grass and then onto the street where the Impala was waiting for them.

“Think its this Emmett dude, then?” Dean asked Sam as he steered the Impala out of the parking spot, and slowly drove down the one way street. “I mean, with what his ex wife, who was pretty hot for an older woman, said about him saying he’d make the world pay for what Jacoby did. Sounds like a vengeful spirit, all right.”

“We’re onto the right lead, I’d say. Now to actually find a body to salt and burn.” Sam said as Dean gained speed as they hit the main road of the town.

“Always my favourite bit. Hide and seek with a body of a psychopathic. And can you believe I’ve complained about not going to Disney Land as a kid? This is way more fun!” Dean muttered sarcastically. They soon reached the woods, parked the car where unknowing civilians walking past would not be able to see them loading up shot guns with rock salt, and see the shotguns slipped into the belts of the Winchester Brothers for protection.

“Thunder cats are go!” Dean called out, before leading the way into the deep confides of the woods. As they walked further into the woods, they bumped into less and less people who were walking through the woods, despite knowing what was actually hidden there. As they walked further, the trees grew thicker, the number of animals that could be heard scurrying through the grass on the ground decreased, and soon the only thing that could be heard was Dean and Sam’s footsteps, and the faint sound of Dean complaining under his breath.

“Told you this was stupid - These woods are huge. We should’ve split up.” Dean said scowling as he did so.

“Let me guess, you would’ve followed that blonde girl?” Sam asked Dean, “Besides, there’s no cell reception, how would we get in touch with each other if we did find something?” Sam asked.

“Morse code… smoke signals. We would’ve thought of something. We always do.” Dean said aloud, before falling back into his habit of muttering under his breath whilst he checked the ESP metre. The ESP was silent, putting Dean into a worse mood.

“I spy with my little eye something beginning with T….”

“Shut up Dean.” Sam said, his brothers constant chatter working on his last nerve.

“Actually, it was tree. My turn again.” Dean said, and then looked around, “I spy with my little eye, something that tells us we’re near a dead body” After hearing what Dean said, Sam spun around on his heels to look at where Dean was pointing.

Ivy.
♠ ♠ ♠
READERS OF WINTERS STORM
FIRST CHAPTER OF TOUCH TOO MUCH IS UP!
Read it, bitches!