How About Something Less Ordinary. (A Collection of Short Stories)

I'm not ***in' around.

It was half nine when all the lights came back on. The stores along this street opened like popcorn. The stage lit up and the music played, blasting through the streets, igniting frenzies of dancing everywhere.
It's three in the morning now. The whole street is still alive, forty thousand people are moving and singing and dancing, not one of them in any mood to stop soon. The stores are still open, their lights are casting bright glimmers among the sea of people. Though the bands had stopped a few hours ago, though music can still be heard, floating from invisible speakers into any empty space.
There was a man in a clown costume proposing to another man in a sequin tuxedo, and judging by the look on their face and the crowd's cheering around them, I would hazard a guess that he said yes. I smiled until hot wax dripped onto my fingers.

"Son of a motherfuck!" I exclaimed and put the bottle of Jager down to cool my burning fingers. The others laughed.

"Well, that's what you get for looking though a Jager candle-holder, ya dumb shit." Paul called as he emerged from the kitchen holding the largest plate they had ever seen. He placed the nachos platter on the table to a round of applause from everyone at the table.

"I propose a toast!" James announced, already drunk. "To the only man I would turn gay for, for giving us dinner, and letting us crash in the greatest retro junk museum of all time!"

"Hear! Hear!" echoed throughout the house as they all setlled into more drinks, more nachos, and not nearly enough sleep.