I'm Glad I Shared This With You

Are You a Mime?

Dougie’s POV

Everything blurred around me before I felt the jagged brick surface engrave into my skin. Blue lights where in the background as I felt my arms being pulled behind my back before freezing metal wrapped itself around my wrists, digging into skin.

"Sir, you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law..." A voice snarled at me, the words barely audible under his thick accent. One of his hands was pressing me into the wall while the other shoved a badge next my face.

I let out a low groan as I stumbled into the police car, hitting my head against the frame. The police officer let out a low laugh causing me to look up at him with pure disgust though the gaps of my messed up hair while the graze on my cheekbone had streams of thick red drip down. I opened my mouth to say something but some slurred sentence came along with blackness.

When I finally awoke I found myself being pushed into a begrimed cell by the officer that had arrested me. I brushed my shoulder off were his slender fingers had gripped onto me before glaring at his gaunt face.

“Looks like you’ve got a roommate for the night, aye?” He sneered at me before locking the rusty padlock and walking down the corridor, leaving the cell silent in a cliché type of way.

Once my intoxicated thoughts finally understood what he had just muttered I hastily turned to check. Leaning back on one of the broken spring mattresses was a female who looked as if she had walked off the set of a ‘50s movie.

She flashed an amused grin before sitting up and crossing her legs. “So, do you speak or are you a mime?” She asked - her voice contained a hidden smirk. She didn’t sound scared or even phased by the fact she was inside jail.

“Umm, yeah I do speak,” I paused “m-my name’s Dougie, yourself?” I managed to blurt out, the alcohol still controlling my thoughts.

The girl obviously picked up on the fact I had been drinking and mumbled something about having a nice hangover in the morning along with a grin. She moulded her jacket so it was the shape of a pillow before falling asleep still smiling as I sat down on the other side of the room not breaking contact off her, I still couldn’t understand how she was so calm.

I watched her for a bit before I asked her “How come your not bothered about being here?” the drink had definitely given me confidence.

She simply opened one eye before saying “Because I’m innocent.’ and with that she pulled her trilby hat over her eyes then fell asleep leaving me to fall into my own drunken slumber.