I'm Glad I Shared This With You

Get Danny.

Harry’s POV

My feet trudged across the cracked concrete slabs which had become the home to gradually decaying weeds along with crushed cigarette ends. I turned down the corridor on the left before getting close towards where Dougie was.

“Can I help you Sir?” One of the wardens asked, breaking his eye contact with the girl despite the fact she was still glaring at the back of his skull that was patched with receding hair.

“Yes actually, I’m here to visit my friend,” I stated politely, nodding towards the direction of Dougie.

He surveyed my choice of clothes before making eye contact while raising an eyebrow. As he turned quick on his heel so that he was facing the cell bars I looked down to see what was wrong until I was met with a huge stain of something that trailed down my shirt that looked similar to the curry I was eating the night before. I was soon distracted from my new patterned clothing by the guard who had cleared his throat, stepping out the way so I could enter the newly opened prison cell.

“Harry! You actually came for me, you’re my hero!” Dougie shrieked in a girlish voice which was soon met with him tackling me.

“Hey Dougie; although I love your company and all, I have no idea why you rang me – I’m rubbish in these kinds of situations,” I replied, brushing the dirt of my already damaged top.

“What? You didn’t bring the file we could have used to escape with?” Dougie exclaimed with an expression that was trying to mask a grin.

I just shook my head in response; “We should get Danny - he’s always good in these kinds of situations…” I muttered out loud.

“Oh what a brilliant, fantastic, marvellous idea; although I think you’re forgetting only tiny little issue – I can only have one visitor and phone call,” Dougie explained in a somewhat irritated tone.

“Well I haven’t made my phone call yet; I could always call that ‘Danny’ guy for you – I mean it’s not like I can think of anyone to waste a call on,” mumbled the girl who was sat on the bed.

Dougie’s face lit up with the idea. “Excellent! Oh Harry by the way this is Ivy and Ivy this is Harry,” Dougie chatted while scribbling down some numbers onto a piece of paper.

I gave her a tiny nod with a smile; she did the same back before disappearing down the hall with the tiny piece of paper to ring Danny.